KAPOH

January-3-Grid-Page-Joe's-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Riddle-#8

January-3-Grid-Page-Joe's-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Riddle-#8
KAPOH, Jan 3, 2019
Description:
Every year since 2006, our local newspaper has conducted a digital Easter egg hunt. Columnist Joe Blundo creates 10 riddles describing locations in and around Franklin Co. OH where eggs have been digitally "hidden." Participants figure out the clues and, just before Easter, send their answers to the newspaper. A winner is drawn from all of the correct answers and given a small prize. Each year, my sister and I have worked on figuring out the clues and, when she visits in the summer, have gone to the places and taken pictures. It has been such a lot of fun and we have learned so much about the amazing attractions in and around the city in which we grew up. I am doing layouts to commemorate each of these egg hunts. This is riddle # 8 from 2015. "Winnie Waymarker," my "travel troll" enjoys appearing, either in a photo or digitally added, on all of these layouts, along with an "egg".
JOURNALING:
Joe's Easter Egg Hunt Riddle #8. Today, the smart egg hunter lumbers Where OSU put up big numbers And carved out a symbolic path — A step-by-step review of math. This garden’s light on bloom and birdie But a constant pleasure for the nerdy. Answer: The Garden of Constants near Dreese Laboratories at OSU. “Created by Arizona artist Barbara Grygutis and installed in 2004, this “garden” of sculptures is located on the west lawn of Dreese Laboratory...the work...best reflected the academic disciplines – Computer and Information Science and Electrical Engineering – that are now housed within Dreese...” The piece consists of 10 large number sculptures and walkway insets of mathematical and formulaic constants.
CREDITS: PHOTOS: by me; INFORMATION: from library.osu.edu; KITS: "Doodled Pocket Pages 2"-Kate Hadfield; "All Things Considered"-One Little Bird; "Jurassic Stomp"-Kristin Aagard; FONT: Oldnewspapertype
    • AnneofAlamo
      I love numbers and riddles and your way cool page putting them all together! What a continuing fun and beautiful sculptures..and I adore your gnome!
    • bestcee
      This is really cool! I love that there's a digital egg hunt every year. That's a neat way to help people get out and see the city! Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 3, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    130.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).