BLKinOR

January 29 Just the Highlights

January 29 Just the Highlights
BLKinOR, Jan 31, 2021
Description:
262 words about meeting my eldest daughter for the first time before her adoption. It's an extremely unusual adoption story, even for a private international adoption.

Journaling reads:

Meeting you for the first time was indeed like that quote: then my soul saw you & it kind of went “Oh, there you are, I’ve been looking for you.” Edmond drove us to Grace’s home to see the children she had in care. We first visited a room where four babies were sleeping. Elizabeth was less than a week old and we were enchanted by her dark hair, puckered lips & smooth skin. You made your way into that room. You seemed curious and watched every move I made or maybe you were watching the babies sleep. I wanted to talk with you but was unsure of what your father would say since our plan had been to adopt a boy & a girl. I did spoke of my desire to meet you. Your father agreed to meet you. We spoke with you in our basic Spanish. We read you one of the books we had brought with us and talked about our home, our cat and our three dogs. You spoke of them not as perros but a word which we ultimately pronounced chew-chose. Today with the help of Google, I wonder if you were saying cachorros. After a few minutes, we were both sure that you & Elizabeth were meant to be our children. We took photos that (you with the book), & all of us together (to aid in processing the adoptions & visas). A few days later, Edmond brought you both to the hotel where I was staying after your father returned to Baltimore. 31 January 2021

Credits:
Pink Reptile Designs Let's Dance template
Little Butterfly Wings Turn the Page Bundle
Rachel Jefferies Messy Marks Date stamps 2021
Allison Pennington For the Love of Journaling The Brushes (emphatic)
Dalis likes this.
    • Dalis
      Hi BettyLou! How are you? This is such a gorgeous story, such a special and personal story. Thanks for sharing it. I am so glad you found each other and your family was complete.
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
      @Dalis, thank you for asking. It was more challenging to create this layout than I expected (lots of emotions) & I had to keep taking breaks with other layouts. I was hoping to simply use the photo without much story this month but I hadn't yet found just the right challenge. So I decided to just go for it.
      Dalis likes this.
    • Dalis
      @BLKinOR I am glad you did! I was having goosebumps reading it, it was super touching. We wanted to adopt when we couldn't get pregnant but we couldn't afford it. After Bianca was born, we wanted to adopt a sibling, but costs had raised to terrible heights. I love reading about these kids that have these beautiful homes and families and it brings me a bit of joy to know that families like yours were created thanks to adoption!
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
      @Dalis, There is much joy through adoption and likely grief also. This day was a very joyful one. I'm glad it touched your heart.
      Dalis likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    BLKinOR
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    238.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    625px
    Height:
    625px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).