January 26: Remembrance or Tribute Layout

January 26: Remembrance or Tribute Layout
turtlebug, Jan 28, 2022
Description:
Rachel Jefferies -Music Messy
NBK Designs- CU Gesso Styles & Pattern #1
(340 words)

Oh, Frank!

My Dad was a huge Frank Sinatra fan! Every Sunday, the Philly radio station played Frank ALL morning. My Dad even had an intercom system installed so that the tunes would crank out throughout the house. I hated that intercom! I was so happy when I figured out how to turn it off in my room. But I got in trouble because I could not hear my mom call me! But, I digress from the story…

I have no idea what year or how old I was. I would guess it was 1976 and perhaps I was four. But I remember vividly when the velvet painting of Frank Sinatra arrived. Yes, VELVET. Like those Velvet Elvis paintings of the 70s, but Sinatra instead. You know you are jealous! Ooooo!

My mother ordered it from the local record store as a gift for my Dad. The three of us DROVE to the store to get it. (It was inner city Philly. We walked everywhere. Dad only drove to work). It was in a box and placed in the back seat with me.

Once we got back home, my Dad proudly hung it in a place of honor for all the world to see.

It was Daddy’s prized possession. My Dad died in 1985. I remember asking Mom if we could take it down, Nope. Mama even made me promise when she died I wouldn’t throw it out. So, there it remained for the next 46-ish years!

After Mama died and I sold the house in 2021, Frank was the very LAST thing I carried out of the house and then locked the door behind me for the last time.

Frank has been in my own house for about six months. I haven’t decided where to hang him, but I told my husband that he needs to be on display somewhere.

Life is funny. I once wanted that velvet painting to be GONE. And now that I can make that happen, it is the last thing I want to do!
    • bestcee
      I love the photo strip of you carrying out the photo! The photo sounds like a great story piece to hang in your house.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    turtlebug
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).