3BluEyedBabies

January 20-Storytelling {Cookie Press}

January 20-Storytelling {Cookie Press}
3BluEyedBabies, Jan 21, 2019
Description:
Noel kit by Kristin Aagard
Recyclables 42 by Scrappin With Liz
Font: Allura
Journaling: When I was little, I was always fascinated by how my grandmother made her perfect, little Spritz cookies! They were tiny but tasted so good! She would make them every Christmas and she made the task look so easy. Little did I know, that I would grow up to have a love/hate relationship with those sweet, little cookies, and the cookie press! When I first got my own apartment and wanted to bake Christmas cookies, I called Mom-Mom and asked her for the recipe. Turns out, the secret ingredient in her recipe was cream cheese! I didn't have my grandmother's cookie press that she used, but the one I did have seemed like it would work...it didn't. Not at all. I tried refrigerating the dough, but that still didn't help. I ended up just using an antique glass and pressing the decorative bottom on the cookie to make them look pretty. My aunt and I even tried a Pampered Chef cookie press with no results. Fast forward a few years, and I inherited my grandmother's cookie press. I have learned that you do not refrigerate the dough, but you have to work quickly before the dough warms up too much. I still have some trouble with it, but I am so very thankful that I have it. That old, metal cookie press brings back so many happy memories of my Mom-Mom that I can now share with my own three kids. This year, I showed my 14-year-old daughter how to use it and she also struggled a bit, but we forged on until we created the perfect little cookie! I still have no idea how old the cookie press is, or where my grandmother got it, but I am so thankful it's home is here with me and my family to enjoy every year at Christmas time!
mirjam likes this.
    • jesskab
      What a great story! I too have a love-hate relationship with the cookie press. The designer Gina Miller, she has a 10 year old that makes dozens of spritz cookies every year & I am in awe. Patience & talent! Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    3BluEyedBabies
    Date:
    Jan 21, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    231.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).