Jan

JANUARY 19 - CLIP PHOTO TO TITLE ALPHA (TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE)

JANUARY 19 - CLIP PHOTO TO TITLE ALPHA (TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE)
Jan, Jan 19, 2018
Description:
SIMPLE LIFE KIT-MARCH 2017 BYOC - ETC BY DANYALE
STRENGTHENING FAMILY TIES-MIXED MEDIA MONTHLY MARCH 2017 - DAWN INSKIP, LITTLE BUTTERFLY WINGS, LYNNE-MARIE & PAULA KESSELRING
FONT: PW BOLD SCRIPT
karen Barlow likes this.
    • A-M
      Your title work using a photo looks great.
      Jan likes this.
    • Jan
      Thank you.
    • *gina*
      gorgeous page and photo!
      Jan likes this.
    • redplaid3
      I like the photo Placement for your title. Really great.
      Jan likes this.
    • easyeyes4you
      Your page jumps out of the gallery... I like the contrast of cool colors... You handled the photos very well!
      Jan likes this.
    • LBscraps
      LOVE the big bold titles with the photos!!!!
      Jan likes this.
    • LynnG
      This looks great! Wonderful example of the technique. Is that really what people call the town?!! Harsh :-)
      Jan likes this.
    • Jan
      @LynnG I don't know if they call it that or not. But that is definitely what it is. As you drive into it on the highway that's all you see off to the east. And some of the outer fencing is right at the edge of the road. One prison complex after another clear thru town. Plus all the government buildings and offices that the court system uses. Rows and rows of fencing and guard towers on that east side. There is a Taco Bell, a MacDonald's, a bar and small restaurants as well as small motels, a tiny bank, a handful of other small businesses and a few older small homes and a trailer park that line that main stretch of highway as well.

The main part of the town is to the west of that highway. We turned off into the surrounding neighborhood one day and saw some beautiful old buildings. One was a church with all the Mexican architecture like you see in cowboy movies. It was so beautiful. And there is a school and a few stores somewhere over to the west. We haven't explored the whole area yet but I was impressed with the little bit we saw. There are some historical buildings there but we haven't seen everything yet. I want to do that and take a lot of photos of those old buildings as well as the town in general.

But yes, it is definitely a prison town and I'm sure many of the workers live there or close by. It's a good 15-20 minutes drive to any real "city" like neighborhoods and shopping areas. Florence is kind of a little rural town, has some farms and lots of fields around it, compared with city type things. And lots and lots of desert, unending miles of desert everywhere. I want to do more pages about it and take a lot more photos of the actual town and not just what we can see along the main highway.

We live an hour away from Florence. So it's a bit of a drive to go down there. The photo on my page is taken from the highway to the north of the town as we drive into it going south. And all those buildings are on the east side of the highway. Part of the prison. Sorry this got so long. :)
      LynnG likes this.
    • LynnG
      @Jan That is really interesting. How bizarre. Imagine living there.
      Jan and yellowpeep like this.
    • yellowpeep
      Very clever use of the different photos to create movement throughout your title. I like the stark contrast between sky and land that seems to cut your titles in two. I agree with @LynnG ... I'm trying to imagine living there in that little place in the middle of the desert. Wow.
      Jan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Jan
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    965px
    Height:
    965px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).