January 17 Username Journaling

January 17 Username Journaling
Alexandra M Meffert, Jan 27, 2018
Description:
Here is my take on the January 17 Username Challenge
I used Bella Gypsy Summer Nights.
My journaling reads as follows:
Alexandra M Meffert
My username is my name. I have always been proud of my name. Even as a child when everyone else wishes for another first or middle name, I have always loved my name. The only part of my name I have never cared for was my last name, and that is simply because of the person I received that name from. Growing up with a step-father, everyone else in my family shared a last name except me. I always felt like the odd man out. Now I am grown with a family of my own and I now share that last name of the people I love the most in the world.
I love my full name and I love my nickname. I have had my nickname since before birth. In 9th grade for a home ec class my mother had to make a blanket. She decided on a pastel pink and blue block quilt and decided right then and there that one day she would have a daughter and her name would be Alexandra ‘Xandra’ for short. One day she did, and true to her word I was given my name. While I love the unique name I have gone by all my life (Xandra) the best part of my name is what the M stands for, my middle name.
My grandfather, my mother’s father, was the last boy on his side of the family, and he had two children, my mother and my uncle. My Uncle Mike was born severely mentally and physically handicapped, even though he reached the age of 14 he was like a baby both inside and out. So when he passed our family name seemed to die with him. There was no one to carry on the family name. When the time came, my mother bestowed on my brother and I the family name as our middle name in her way of trying to carry it on, and to continue the tradition I have given it to one of my children. McQuiston lives on. Hopefully one day my grandchild will also carry our name with the pride that I have.
    • bestcee
      I love the photo! Is that you and your mom? There's so much history in your name - and I adore the nickname Xandra! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Alexandra M Meffert
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).