Alexandra M Meffert

January 17 Hindsight 2020

Alexandra M Meffert, Jan 18, 2020
Description:
Journaling 301 words:
I wish I could go back to my teenage self and tell her all the things she has done right. Tell her that she is a survivor, she is strong, she is worthy of love, she is worthy of praise. I would tell her that she doesn’t have to build such thick, high walls to protect herself, that one day she will know that it is so much better to not always have your guard up, that yes, you will be hurt, but you will survive and more importantly you will be grateful for those heartbreaks. They will make you stronger, they will teach you things, and it is better to have those experiences no matter how painful in the moment they are, than to close yourself off and always wonder what if. I wish I knew then that I was beautiful, that I was smart, and funny, and talented, I wish I wasn’t always filled with self-doubt, and so self-conscious about every move I made. That I could breathe, make mistakes, no one is perfect and it is unacceptable and cruel to expect perfection from yourself and anyone else. It is unobtainable, and even if you could achieve it, it still wouldn’t make you happy, because you were doing it for someone else, not yourself. Be kind to yourself, Hindsight is 20/20, you don’t want to live your life with regrets, and in the words of Mama Ru "If you can't love yourself how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?"

Love, real love will come to you when you are least expecting it. It will knock you on your ass, take the breath out of your lungs, it will open your eyes to so many things you didn’t notice before; and most importantly it is worth it.

I used:
Etc. by - Simple Life Kit
Little Butterfly Wings I solemnly swear {kit}

Thanks for looking!
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Alexandra M Meffert
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).