amandac

January 11: Where I Live

amandac, Jan 13, 2022
Description:
Location Inspired Items:
4 arrows, 1 metal compass, 1 compass stamp, 3 map elements, 2 location pointers, 1 location pointer stamp, 1 Australia travel stamp,
Journaling
I love living in Brisbane! One of my favourite things about Brisbane is our beautiful, twisting river and the way that the city drapes itself around it. There is always something happening along the river; people walking, picnicking, eating at alfresco cafes, listening to live music, its all happening. Some days it seems like the sun is always shining here! I love seeing the sun go down over the river and the lights start to come on in the city. The bridges are always lit up in lovely colours, and the boats on the river bobbing in pools of light. Brisbane has all the fabulous things that every capital city has, museums, art galleries, city shopping, parks and gardens but it still feels like a friendly town where the chances of bumping into someone you know is still high! I love the fact that I can quickly and easily travel into the city from where I live in the suburbs. I sometimes forget how easy it is and I don’t go in for a while and then I decide to do a day there and I always have such a good time wandering along the river and through the parks. But my favourite thing about Brisbane is where I live! I love this suburb and this house! Our home has been a place full of love and laughter. It’s been the place we raised our children, and our roots are deep here. The suburbs around where we live have everything we need; schools, shops, restaurants and our friends are nearby. Honestly, I don’t think we would live anywhere else. If we ever do sell this house, it will be to find something smaller in the suburbs around where we live now! Moving to Brisbane back in 1996 was a dream come true for us, and we haven’t regretted it for a minute.
Credits:
Mixed Media Monthly: Happiness is Planning a Trip Somewhere by Rachel Jefferies & Paula Kesselring & Lynn Grieveson & Little Butterfly Wings
Pink Reptile Designs – Scenic Route
NBK Design - artCrush33 Torn Frames
morgyns likes this.
    • morgyns
      I love this page and it's making me miss Brisbane a little bit more than I already do. You are right about the sun shining all the time, even when it's stormy you know sunshine won't be far away (and bringing the humidity with it haha).
      amandac likes this.
    • jk703
      This sounds amazing, Amanda! I feel the same about NYC and living in the NJ suburbs. I’m jealous of the year round good weather though! Love the whimsy on the page and your fantastic journaling! Thanks for joining in and sharing!
      amandac likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    amandac
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).