Lhmcgrady

Jan13_Lyrics

Jan13_Lyrics
Lhmcgrady, Jan 19, 2023
Description:
A Long Winters Nap - Allison Pennington

"For My Broken Heart" by Reba McEntire
Reba recorded this song in 1991 after 7 members or her band and her tour manager were killed in a plane crash. The song tells the story of a breakup, but the words of the chorus speak to anyone who has ever felt loss or heartbreak. Despite our sadness, the world keeps moving around us. I lost my dad in 2021. He's the one who taught me to love country music and he especially loved a song with a story or a life lesson within the lyrics.

CHORUS
"Last night I prayed the lord my soul to keep and then I cried myself to sleep, so sure life wouldn't go on without you. But lord the sun is blinding me, as it wakes me from the dark. I guess the world didn't stop, for my broken heart."
AlyciaIN likes this.
    • AlyciaIN
      What a beautiful tribute layout! You're so right that the song lyrics fit so well with missing your dad. Lovely paper layering choices and use of the wooden alpha for your title. Glad you have such a beautiful photo of the two of you and lots of wonderful memories too I'm sure!
      Lhmcgrady likes this.
    • weaselwatchr
      Thank you for the story of the meaning behind these lyrics for you. Such a beautiful tribute page. So sorry for the loss of your dad. Thank you for sharing and participating in my challenge
      Lhmcgrady likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    Lhmcgrady
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1800px
    Height:
    1800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).