Jan112018MOC2018_D11JC
AnotherAmanda, Jan 13, 2018
Description:
MOC 2018 - Day 11 - On This Day - Journaling Challenge
Elements and Papers - Live A Little (One Little Bird), Grateful Hearts (Sabrina's Creations)
Fonts - Garamond Pro, Bebas Neau, Lemon Tuesday, CK Ali's Writing
Styles - One Little Bird (Shadows), Mommyish (Title)
Word Count - 1091
Text Layout - inDesign
Journaling - January 11, 2018
On the surface, today might not seem important or interesting to outsiders. Nothing momentous happened. Just another daily bit of life that happens so quickly that I generally forget to pause and drink in the awesomeness of the everyday. Maybe being a stay-at-home mom is boring and uneventful, but I love every little second and I'm so glad that we can afford for me to stay with you all day, every day. My day today started around 6:30 a.m. when I got up to exercise. I'm still trying to get back into the habit after having a holiday slack off. I did my jump rope workout and planned on doing some yoga but Benjamin started stirring right before the cool down so I just finished up and took a shower before getting him up. He doesn't usually sit up/stand up until I go in. He jumped right up when the door opened and said, “Mama!” That simple word still makes me smile, even when he's running around in circles yelling it over and over. We did the first diaper change of the morning and got a sippy cup before settling in a chair to watch some “Terrific Trucks”. We had moved to the playroom by the time Todd was up and dressed. He got his juice and headed to the office to clock a few hours until the reserved parking lots at the train station opened up. I think I have the better deal even if he gets to sleep in. Ben and I brushed our teeth and I dressed him. Usually, Ben and I just hang out until after Todd leaves shortly before 10, but I had a dentist appointment to pick up more aligners and have my teeth checked. Benjamin came with me and sat on my lap while I talked to the hygienists and the dentist. Several other hygienists popped in just to see Ben who was happily eating some freeze-dried fruit snacks. He's just that adorable. But I'm a biased Mom. Usually, we have to get out the stroller and walk around the town before Ben's ready to get back in the car seat after such a short escape, not today! The receptionist had given him a toy car as we were leaving and I said we had to wait to play with at home. Let's go, Mama! Back at home again, Benjamin played with his new toy on the kitchen floor for a few minutes before running into the playroom and returning with a stack of wooden train track and proceeded to put it together. I only helped by getting the bracket for the hill since he didn't understand why the pieces weren't staying where he put them. Then back to playing with the new car. I sat on the floor with Ben and he let me play with one of his other cars. He picked up the track and handed it to me before grabbing my arm and leading the way to the playroom train table and went back to work building track. When his new car broke, Ben dissolved into tears when he realized I had thrown it away. More “Terrific Trucks” and a sippy cup of milk helped the pain. After lunch, Ben practiced putting on his rain boots and pushed his truck around but refused to wear the rain boots outside so we headed out in his other boots to do some plant pruning and playing in the dirt. He directed my work because apparently I'm not good picking leaves off geranium bushes and have a tendency to play with my phone and take pictures if he looks away. Only one meltdown when we came back in for a diaper change without consulting Ben, but he quickly calmed down once he realized we were going back out again. More pruning and dirt flinging. Another hour passed and it started to cool down so inside we went again. Hand washing and splashing meant new outfits for both of us. Time for playing with his truck and the box Todd had taped up for him. Dinner time was later than usual and we just had leftovers. Nothing fancy. Ben is eating steamed broccoli and carrots now without them having to be diced into tiny bits and mixed with mac and cheese so I call that a win. After dinner, we did teeth again and had bath time, which Ben loves. I usually ask him if he wants a bath and if he says “no!” we skip it but he was stinky so into the bath he went. While we were finishing up, Todd came home. He helped me wrap up bath time and dried Ben off before heading to the kitchen for his dinner. Once Ben was in his pjs, we were back watching some tv and running races, which he just started with today. I count “one, two, three, GO!” while he nods after each word letting me know I'm right and off we go from the front door to the living room before walking back to start again. Totally confused how the whole thing started. No surprise there. Toddlers are fascinated with everything and anything can be turned into a game. The only detour was when Ben ran off and tried to steal the cheese from Todd's sandwich. Seriously. Can't make this stuff up. When Todd was done, I took out the trash and recycling. It's a few minutes to breathe and get some steps in. Benjamin and I continued are running game while Todd called his dad. When he was done, he called Ben for bedtime. They cuddled up and I started writing this.

Looking back over my words and run-on sentences, the day does seem rather boring but I didn't talk about all the times Benjamin grabbed my hand and smiled at me or called me “Mama!” as he climbed into my lap wanting to snuggle. There were all the sweet little baby kisses while we cuddled in the chair and the silly smiles he makes while he's feeding himself his dinner as if he's still proud he can do it all himself. I also know that before I know it I'll be watching him run off to his first overnight play date, perform his first concert, go off to a dance or graduate high school before I know it. These little smiles only last a brief window and I want to enjoy them all.

The Extraordinary Ordinary Story of Today
    • HeatherB
      Wow, you really captured your day. It's all these little everyday moments that we can so easily forget if they aren't written down! Loved reading the journaling - great storytelling. And so nice to see all those photos of Benjamin during his day. Wonderful page and I love the title! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    754.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1200px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).