MrsEm

Jan. 31: The Story of Cora

Jan. 31: The Story of Cora
MrsEm, Feb 1, 2019
Description:
Created for MOC 7 Jan 31: Traveler's Notebook Connections
The story of how my sister in law got a dog and I said no and now I have a dog.

Just Jaimee Autumn Bucket List
Just Jaimee February Storyteller 2019
Styles by Mommyish
Font: Another Typewriter

Journaling:
In the August of 2015, Mari messaged me and said a friend of a friend had bullmastiff puppies in Houston and they all needed homes. Did I want one? In August of 2015, I was 8 months pregnant with our third son and I said HHHEEEECCKK NO.
Except then I kept thinking about it. And Emmanuel kept asking me about it. And Mari brought home the puppy she had picked out, a huge boy she called Duncan. And I asked the boys, "Do yall want a puppy?" and they said yes of course. Well, shoot.
So I text Mari and I'm all, 'so hey... about those puppies? Got any left?' AND OF COURSE THERE WEREN'T ANY LEFT BECAUSE, HELLO, MY LIFE. But then, a few days later, I hear from her again and she says, "Hey, a couple adopted one of the puppies but they're thinking it isn't going to work out. If they don't keep her, do you want her?" I hate ifs in life. Uncertainty is not my jam. But what else am I gonna say? So I said sure, let me know. Ugh. We waited an entire WEEK not knowing what was going to happen with this puppy. It was pure misery. Then I got the word that the couple had decided the puppy would have a better home with three little boys and a stay at home mom, now we just have to get her from Houston to us. It's hurricane season. Houston is 5 hours away. I'm like whatever, let's drive to Houston in this monsoon, I don't even care, I need to move on with my (puppy owning) life. Emmanuel says HHHEEEECCKK NO. Ugh. We had to wait, like, four more excruciating days before this puppy, Ally they had named her, was transported to us, the whole time honestly not even believing this is going to happen. I'm expecting any moment to get a message that the couple had changed their minds and were going to keep the dog. And I did get a message. But the message was a picture message! A picture message of a puppy! A puppy in a car! On her way to me! Like I said, Houston is five something hours away. So we waited. And waited. Finally we packed up the boys and my big pregnant belly and drove to Mari's house at 9pm to pick up our puppy. And it was glorious. As soon as I picked her up, she wrapped her little puppy legs around my neck and licked my cheek. We renamed her Cora and now everyone knows that Cora is my favorite child. She is our protector and our playmate and our best friend. I really can't imagine our lives without her.
Sani_digiscrap and KarenB like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    MrsEm
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    237.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).