Jan 30 - Travel Storytelling
Susan - s3js, Jan 31, 2019
Description:
30 January - Travel Storytelling

Date is in journaling
Template: Counting from NBK Designs
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Counting-options.html
Background: Heartsong TLP Collab
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Heartsong TLP Collab-A-Collaboration-in-Remembrance-of-Dawn-Inskip.html
pictures including mosaic on masks are my husband’s
Fonts: 1942 Report and Archeologicaps

Journaling:
Our trip to Greece, Turkey, and Rome in September 2003 was the trip of a lifetime. It was amazing to follow along in the footsteps of Paul as he planted new Christian churches and to visit the Churches of the Revelation, all long gone but one, which yet lives as a place of worship. How incredible that these ancient civilizations built such wondrous cities without our modern technology. To walk among the ruins is to feel the weight of ancientness, so different from the antiquity of England, and the relative youngness of America. I could almost hear the orators when we stood in the amphitheaters. I could picture in my mind the throngs of people. They were small by modern standards, scarcely 5 feet tall, yet their stairs reached up to my knees. How hardy they must have been to run up those tall stairs. Although I loved being with session mates from The Salvation Army College for Officer Training, I would love to return on my own and just wander without a guide. I wonder if I could then hear those long-ago voices and if they might answer all my questions about their times?

Picture on left is a passageway in ancient Pergamum, the center is the Temple of Artemis in ancient Sardis and the one on the right was a public building.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    Susan - s3js
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    184.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).