scrappin2girls

Jan 30: Travel Storytelling

Jan 30: Travel Storytelling
scrappin2girls, Jan 30, 2019
Description:
Supplies Used:
Collab - Springity Spring (Kate Hadfield & Kim Jensen)
Sahlin Studio - Project Mouse (Paradise): Bundle

Journaling:
While swimming and snorkeling on this beautiful beach in Kauai, HI we made a new discovery (new to us anyway). Bees flying from a near by farm get tired and just die mid flight over the ocean. Unfortunately for me, I found this out the hard way. I was getting ready to snorkel and I just felt a horrible stinging pain on the front of my neck. I’m no stranger to jelly fish stings... but how did it get my neck and nothing else? I looked around, but did not see anything. I decided to come up on the beach because the pain was pretty intense. I showed Adam, who said it was definitely not a jelly fish sting. The girls and adam went in the water and boogie boarded a little. He came back a little bit later, he was not alone. He carried a bee on top of the boogie board. So I took out my phone and did a little search thats when we found out it was a pretty common thing that happens there. Certainly didn’t make me feel any better.. I mean c’mon! theres a whole ocean and I’m the only one that got stung. Not just once either, the same bee stung me twice within half an inch of the other sting. My luck.
JennFort likes this.
    • cfile
      oh my goodness Jaime... wow your journaling was fascinating.. I never knew that either.. I mean it makes sense that the bees would get tired, but wow to find you with an entire ocean... I sure hope you got a lottery ticket! I am also glad you are not allergic as getting stung in the neck, not once, but twice could have been a very different story. Great photos... the beach there in Hawaii looks truly beautiful, and while not happy re the bee, the photo you got of it in the prestine and gorgeous blue water, incredible. Oh my those stings look painful. Glad you scrapped it as I am sure now it is okay to tell the story, as you are no longer in pain from it.. well done :) TFS!
    • Sokee
      Your journaling! I love it, along with the path you did around those photos! those look painful! Your layout is spectacular in the journaling and photos tell the complete story!
    • LynnG
      How strange! (And a little sad!) Great page :-)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    scrappin2girls
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    368.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).