adriablack

Jamestown Project

Jamestown Project
adriablack, Sep 21, 2020
Description:
Sept 2020 - Random Challenge - Include 5 photos.

Journaling:
We created a diorama of Jamestown today for school. We constructed a fort that I got from a kit at Hobby Lobby. And then Tizzy painted some recycled cardboard base, including a green foresty area, a river, a brown cleared area for the town and some ocean as well. We also added some lichen/moss stuff to the forest side and some trees that I got from Hobby Lobby. I also grabbed her some Toob figures (Jamestown settlers and Powhatan Indians) for her to play with. She had so much fun with this project, that she just couldn’t wait to get to playing out her little scenes. Most of which involved the Indians taking over the fort. And lots of battles!

Credits:
Template - Sabrina's Creations - Document Life Templates #1
Kit - TLP Roots Collab
trekmom and Cherylndesigns like this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      How awesome is this??? It's really impressive and a great project! Love your page documenting this!
    • cfile
      This is so cool Andrea! I love this.. really reminds me of the forts and digging done at Jamestown! (I am in Va Beach)... I really loved when we visited Jamestown and York and I am so glad your daughter could recreate it for school... I am also smiling and happy to see that schools are still doing projects like we did as kids :) This is fantastic, and I can see her enjoying this not only as a project for school (that I hope she got an A on) but afterwards too just like a doll house to play with.. love the Project Life template you used, that arrow background paper is perfect, and love all the close up photos and the Jamestown stamp. How fun! Thank you for sharing and playing along with the Sept. Random Challenge!
    • trekmom
      As a mom of grown kids, I have to say that scrapping this page now is brilliant. The page is fantastic, her project is fantastic and such a smart kiddo. I can't tell you how many old projects that I've thrown out in the last few years. Hey, my kids are 33, 32 and 27 now, most of it was moldy oldies. You are saving this perfectly.
      adriablack likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    adriablack
    Date:
    Sep 21, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    165.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    432px
    Height:
    432px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).