Pups_r_Paps

It's-a-Wonderful-Life

It's-a-Wonderful-Life
Pups_r_Paps, Dec 20, 2017
Description:
JOURNALING: Photos: 1. Jake Laurents (played by Mark Kirby) voices the part of George Bailey, and Harry “Jazzbo” Heywood (Andy Hunn) await their turn at the mikes. 2. Announcer and narrator Freddie Fillmore (Dewey Burton), he was great! 3. The radio station; the “On Air” and “Applause” signs actually worked. 4. Curtain Call. 5. The “play” actually started before everyone arrived with cast members walking around on stage and in the audience, like what really might go on at a radio station. In this picture you see Stage Manager Sugar (Pam Register) coming thru the door. Having their photo taken by N.Y. Times Reporter Kathrine (Bonnie Kisko) is Sally Applewhite (Shasta Schoellhorn), two young girls, the station managers kids, who walked around before the show began but had no part in the actual “radio play”, and Lana Sherwood (Allison Schwartz). Jake, Harry, Freddie, Sugar, Sally, and Lana voiced all of the characters in the radio play.

The High Springs Playhouse, as its holiday production, presented “It’s a Wonderful Life – A Live Radio Play”. It was a lot of fun. This adaption of the classic movie is set in a radio station in the 1940’s with 6 main actors assuming all of the roles and one actor providing all of the sound effects. I thought Dewey Burton was fantastic and was able to convey that to him after the production. As typical with this theatre, the actors congregate outside the main entrance to talk with patrons. That’s how I got the great photo of him. I wish Jim had felt like going with me, but the show was sold out so he would not have been able to get a ticket at the door anyway.

CREDITS: Scraplift of "26-My Tribe" by carrie1977; Kits: "Pockets #4", Valorie Wibbens; "Christmas Fun" and "Trim the Tree" Kristin Aagard
    • IntenseMagic
      That looks so fun!! I love your photos and your journaling! The green background is just perfect and I adore that tree!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Dec 20, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    128.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).