RJMJ

Inspiration Challenge-June-Mosaic-Times Are Tough

Inspiration Challenge-June-Mosaic-Times Are Tough
RJMJ, Jun 26, 2020
Description:
As Most Of You Know...[By Now...]...My Layouts Are Always Filled With So Many Different Meanings...Hidden/Subtle/Obvious/Thought Provoking/Perhaps Dark & Mysterious A Bit And/Or Symbolizing The Struggle Mostly Between Dark & Light...It Creeps Into Many Of My Most Thought Provoking Layouts...This One Is In That Category...You Can See The Dark & The Light Here...Let's Start Off With The Origin Of The Mosaic Photo Tiles That Are The BG Feature Of The Layout...These Beautiful Blue Mosaic Tiles Are Pool Tiles...Photos Taken At A Local Pool...The Photos Came Out A Bit Grainy/Grungy-Looking & I Rather Liked That...It Gave Me The Rest Of The Foundation For The Layout...I Could Have Cleaned Them Up...But I Didn't Want To...In Fact...I Added More Effects To Make Them Appear More Worn-In & More Grungy-Looking...As To Represent Experience In Life/Struggle/Grit/Angst Etc...They Turned Out To Be The Perfect Back-Drop For The Layout...And The Mix Of All Those Different Blues & Navies...Really Turned Out Great As I Combined Them With The Photo That I Chose To Be My Model Focus For This Layout...You Can See That She Isn't Very Happy..She Is Struggling Too In Her Thoughts...She Is Going Through A Tough Time...For Reasons Unknown...Whether Real Or Imagined...Fit Perfectly Into My Layout...I Liked The Way Her Face Was Shaped...Not Perfect...But Seemingly Representing A Face Full Of Life Experience...Full Of Thought...With The Photos Turned To Grey/Black & White To Further Represent Struggle & A Mysterious Air About Her...As You Perhaps Wonder What She Is Thinking About...& Why She Looks So Sad/Mad/Unhappy...I Love Her Strong Jawline Too!...This Represents Strength/Toughness/Fortitude To Me...You Can Also See The Tears In One Photo On Her Face...The Rain Falling Down As She Looks Out The Window...& You Can See The Cracks & The Tears Obviously There...The Striking Grey Depicts These Feelings So Well...3 Different Photo Sides Of Her...3 Different Parts Of Her Personally...3 Different Forms Of How She Wants The World To See Her...3 Different Looks Depicting 3 Different Personality Traits...These Are Just A Few Examples Of Some Depictions I Thought Of...Moving On To The Mosaic Tiles Again...Since They Are Pool Tiles...The Obvious Inflection Of The Color Blue & Green...Seem Like Obvious Colors To Include Here To Me...Blue & Green Representing The Pool Water/The Ocean/The Sea...For You It Could Be Nature Vs.Nurture...It Is Open To Interpretation...Again For Me This Goes Back To The Struggle To Go Outside/The Struggle To Get Outside/The Struggle To Get Back To Life/Whether Related To Covid-19 Or Not..Yes! But It Also Reps.The Struggle Of My Health Issues That Are Preventing Me From Living The Life I Want To Lead...This Is My Daily Struggle Pre-Covid Or Post-Covid...The Struggle Is So Very Real...So Very Real...So There's That...Plus The Current Health Concerns That Are Dogging Me Right Now...[No Long Explanation Of That-Just Know I Am Struggling...]...I Will Leave It There...I Have Probably Said Too Much...I'll Let My Layout Do The Talking For Me In That Regard...Everyone Has Struggles...I Don't Want My Current Situation To Be All Of How You See Me Or How You See This Layout...I Hope Anyone Who Stops By To See This Layout...Will Find Their Own Personal Meaning In It...This Is Just My Own Reflections About How & Why I Created It As It Is...

There Are So Many More Interpretations Here For Me...The Colors Are Many...Which Represents How I See Myself...A Person Full Of Life...Who Loves Color & Sees This As A Positive Outlet For My Creativity...It Enables Me To Get Those Feelings Out In Front Of Me...As To Expel Them From My Mind & Attempt To Move On From Them...I Also Love Nature! & Flowers! In Particular!...I Love All Flowers! So Many Kinds Are Represented Here...As Life/Growing/Learning/Positivity...New Life Experiences/New Brighter Futures Etc...And The Butterflies Are Just Like This Too!...Representing New Horizons/New Life/New Promise/New Birth/New Hope...A Chance To Fly-Off & Away...To Pursue Your Dreams...& Not To Give Up On Hope...Each Day Is Another Chance...& I'm Grateful To See Each New Day Despite My Own Struggles...You Can Also See The Paint Dripping Down On One Of The Faces...Also Lots Of Different Meanings Here...Paint Representing Me As An Artist...You Too!...We Are All Artists! Here!...Artists Of Our Own Making & Of Our Own Creativity & Experiences...The Use Of Color To Create Layouts!...To Create Images!...To Create Our Own Personalities!...The Way We Want The World To See Us...Or Not Depending On The Circumstances...The Larger Colored Circles Are Planets...You See The Large Purple One Down On The Lower Photo...Underneath "Breathe"...That Is The Earth...The Other Planets Are Circling Around...The Earth...Reps...Our Presence On This Earth But Being Only Part Of The Larger Universe & Part Of The World & Part Of An Infinite Universe...Full Of Diverse People & Cultures...We Are All Connected...We All Need To Be Accepted As/Who We Are...& Exist As One Happy Accepted Society Despite Our Differences...Whether That Be Race Or Religion...Who We Love...IE:The Current Struggles In The News Right Now!...Covid-19 Epidemic...Deaths...Mass Shootings/Stabbings/Brutality...Senseless Killings...Race Related Struggles For Equality...Aboriginal Rights Here In Canada...Gay Pride...So Many Struggles For Equality!...Women's Rights...Veterans Rights...Disability Rights...Mental Health & Wellness...I Could Go On...But You Get The Picture...You Can Also See The Moon Half Full! & Purple Too!...My Planets Are Filled With Color & Hope For Now & For The Future!...But Where's The Sun???...It Is There...Peeking Out From Behind The Butterfly...Well...Abstract-ly Speaking...All That Yellow Paint...That Represents The "Sun" Trying To Come Out!...The Bright Pink Dandelions...Some See Weeds...I See Wishes...Wishes For Hope Now & For The Future...The Bright "Mosaic" Flowers That I Created Using NBK's Styles From"Brave New World"...They Are The Complete Opposite To The Rather Dark & Dreary BG Mosaic Tiles...They Are Bright! Full Of Hope! Full Of Possibility!...Full Of Excitement For The Future!...The Large Heart That Says "ONE"...Represents Us As Individuals In All Our Strengths! But Also Reps...Us As "ONE" World/Nation/People...Working Together To Beat As One Heart...In Equality/Hope & Strength!...If You Look A Bit Closer...You Can See A Few Little Pink Hearts There!...That's Our Little Ones...[Children/Grand-Children/Daughters/Sons...]...In The World...Who Are The Future!...May They Be Strong! Wise! & Resilient!...And Ever Challenged But Eager To Learn & Share That Wealth Of Knowledge With This "Brave New World"...That Is Coming Faster Than We Can Imagine...May We All Be Safe Now & Always/Take Care Of Each Other & Share A Bit Of Who We Are With The World...With The Hope That It Will Be A Better Place For The Future Generations!...I Have Certainly Had A Lot On My Mind Here...Hopefully I Didn't Forget To Say Something That I Thought Was Important...But I Have Certainly Said More Than Enough...[Probably Too Much...Definitely Too Much!!!...]...To Give Thought To Pause & Reflect I Hope...Ultimately It Brings Us To My WA..."Life Is Tough"...But So Are You...We Will All Make It Through With Some Perseverance Struggle! & Strength!...Just "Breathe"...:bk...:heartslub...

*A Special Heartfelt Thanks! To Everyone Who Stopped By To Read My "Book" Of Thoughts Here...Or Not...Even If You Stopped By To Take A Closer Look At My Layout...A Thousand "Thanks!!!" For The Support!...It Means So Much!!!...

*For My Times Are Tough Layout-I Used:

*Brave New Word-Complete Collection-NBK Design
*Brave New World-Template-Week 20-NBK Design
*Art Crush No.17-NBK Design
*Focus-NBK Design
*Delightful-PT-Color-Overlay-NBK Design
MrsPeel, LynnG, Electra and 1 other person like this.
    • mywisecrafts
      We might have been meant to be art journaling soul sisters. I've discovered that putting it out in a creative way is therapeutic and something I should have started years ago. Your work inspires me to be more open about my inner thoughts that also have those struggles. It's hard to acknowledge those struggles, but doing so makes it easier to face them. LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • flowersgal
      You should put your layouts in a book with one page the layout and the opposite page your thoughts. Always so complex, so deep, so insightful, so YOU. I enjoy reading them and looking at your amazing creations.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Electra
      I knew this was yours as soon as I saw it in the gallery and it is wonderful! I love the colours and your choice of wordart. Awesome!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      ok, so, I can't read what you explained because I am alone and my neurological issues can't read the structure, will ask Sarita (she is cooking tight now) to read it later, but this NEEDS to be shared!!!!!!!!! you are pure awesome Rhonda!!!!!!!!!! this is so fabulous!!!!! from the tiny mosaics to the whole dimension you have given, crazy awesome!!!!!!

into the June Froggy Faves!!!! [​IMG]
      RJMJ likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @SeattleSheri ...OMG!...Thank You! So Very Much For Choosing My Layout To Be Featured Along With All Of The Other Standouts That You Have Chosen!...It Is A Privilege & An Honor To Be Showcased In This Manner Here!...This Layout Was Incredibly Personal For Me! & Really Difficult To Complete/Construct & Create!...I Literally Poured All Of My Personal Feelings Into It!...It Was So Important For Me To Do This On A Personal Level/As An Artist & As A Form Of Expression!...Thank You! For Recognizing The Meanings & Time Spent Creating This Very Personal Piece Of Art!...You Are Such A Wonderful Creative Artist Yourself!...Your Incredible Pages Have Inspired Me On Many Occasions!...Isn't It Just Wonderful To Be Here & A Part Of Such A Wonderful Creative Family We Have Here At The Lilypad!...Thanks! Again For Making My Day Even More Wonderful!!!...:bk...:heartslub...
    • RJMJ
      @mywisecrafts ...OMG!...Esther!...I'm So Glad We Met Here At The Lilypad!...[And Elsewhere...]...I Am So Happy That You Have Found My Layouts To Be Inspiring In Some Way Shape Or Form!...Your Sweet & Kind Comments! Are So Kind & Meaningful To Me!...I Enjoy Reading Them So Much!...I Like That You Said We Are "Art Journaling Soul Sisters"...This Made Me Smile So Much & Filled My Heart With So Much Joy!...Your Layouts Are Both Creative/Thought Provoking & Interesting!...I Love The Personal Stories Your Are Telling With Your Layouts Too!...Being Open In Our Lives Can Be Difficult & In Our Layouts Too!...But You Are Right In That This Has Helped Me So Much Deal With My Own Personal On Going Health Issues & Daily Struggles...There's Nothing Better Than Freeing Your Mind & Soul Creatively!...Thank You! So Much For Coming To My Gallery & Leaving Your Meaningful Thoughts & Reflections!...It Really Does Mean So Much!!!...:bk...:yourock...
    • RJMJ
      @flowersgal ...I Love That We Have Met Here Also...Your Layouts Are Both Amazing! & Brilliant!...I Love Your Sense Of Humor That You Inject Into So Many Of Them!...But Your Recent Layout That Was So Serious! & It Gave Me Chills Reading Your Incredibly Thought Provoking & Poignant Words About A Reflection Of Our Current Times & The Visuals Were Simply Stunning!!!...It Means So Much That You Continue To Stop By & Leave So Many Heartfelt Comments About My Work!...I Love That We Met In The Chat & I Now Know Your Name Is Patsy!...My Hubby Has An Aunt Patsy! & She Is So Beloved In His Life & Mine Too!...It's Kinda Cool!...I Like The Name Patsy!...You & Her Have Something Else In Common!...She Has A Very Deeply Religious Soul! & Is Kind & Courageous! In Her Actions & Life!...I Feel That You Are Like That Too!...You Have Inspired Me In So Many Ways!...Thank You! So Very Much For All Of The Kindnesses That You Have Shown Me & Continue To Do So!!!...:heartslub...
    • RJMJ
      @Electra ...AWW!!...I Know We Don't Know Each Other Very Well...But I Know Your Work & Creative Spirit!...You Are Such An Original & Creative Inspirational Artist Yourself!...I Guess It Is True...We All Have Our Own Creative Style For Creating Our Own Unique Art!...& How We See Our Lives & How We See The World!...I Love Your Perspective In Your Own Art ! & How You Piece Together Your Layouts So Wonderfully!...Thank You! For The Heartfelt Comment! & The Inspiration That You Have Given Me Too!...:heartslub...
    • RJMJ
      @MrsPeel ...Oh How Good It Is To See You Here! My Dearest!...I Have Missed You In My Gallery!...I Have Missed You!...I Think Of You & Sarita Each & Every Day!...& Hope Your Struggles Will Get Better Soon!...My Health Hasn't Been Good Lately Either & I Too Am Struggling!...But I Have My Family/My "Ray"...& My Lilypad Friends Who Are A Constant Source Of Inspiration/Love & Kindness!...I Don't Have To Go Too Far For Inspiration!...Thank You! For The FF Honor!...It Is Always A Deeply Meaningful Thing For Me To See That You Have Chosen One Of My Pages As A FF!...You Are Such A Special Person Full Of Life/Love & So Much Joy!...Despite Your Health Difficulties...I Can Only Hope That I Can Be A Little Bit Like You! & Try To Spread Some Love/Joy & Happiness! To People In My Life! & All My Lilypad Friends Too!...BRAVO! To You!...Stay Strong! & Take Care!...All Hearts...:heartslub... & Hugs To You & Sarita!!!...Here's A Special Gif For You & Sarita!...[Since You Know I Love Sending You Gifs...]...xoxo...

[​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Inspiration Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jun 26, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    206.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).