bjthomas

INSD2020_AJChat&Scrap_NewReality

INSD2020_AJChat&Scrap_NewReality
bjthomas, May 5, 2020
Description:
My submission for the iNSD 2020 AJ Chat & Scrap.

all papers & elements are from the Rituals - Morning, Afternoon, Evening kits by The Lilypad Designers

journaling: What have we done to fill our time while living within 12,000 square feet as a family of 4 (2 of those being very social teenagers)? Our garage is cleaned and organized. We have been more intentional with family time - playing games, having deeper conversations, trying new menu items for dinner. I have had time to create and work on a journal, wanting to document the rapidly changing news and how this crisis hasn’t been limited geographically or any other way. I have also braved the attempt at using a sewing machine for the first time since high school and created a few masks. Definitely nothing that will pass medical standards, but they will work if we are required to wear them!
When this is over ... and life returns to “normal,” I think normal is going to look different than it did before. I hope that this pandemic has helped all of us to reassess and take stock of what really matters. The importance of connecting with each other. Cherishing the time that we get to spend with family and friends. I hope that we no longer take for granted the luxury of sitting down and eating at our favorite restaurant. As I sit an listen to the news about potentially covering our faces while in public, I will be so grateful to finally be able to see faces once again. To share a smile with a stranger. I can’t wait to see the toilet paper shelves fully restocked without worrying that they will be empty once again within a few hours. I can’t wait to celebrate my daughter’s high school graduation with our family - whatever that celebration will look like is still unknown, but there will come a day when we can gather together with her grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and celebrate!
LynnG and KarenB like this.
    • rlucasmn
      I really like how your photo treatment looks against these background papers. And I love the shadows on the papers - it really sets off that angled background wood paper.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    May 5, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    512.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).