dotcomkari

In the Air

In the Air
dotcomkari, Oct 16, 2016
Description:
I had been dying to try parasailing for years; ever since I was a young child and watched others from the beach soaring high above the ocean waves. On our recent trip to Fort Myers Beach, FL I finally decided to take the leap and learn to fly. I had saved up money, done my research and called every single parasailing company on the beach before I finally chose the one with the best reviews. I wanted to make sure I was safe and sound and had the best experience possible. From my research I found that morning flights were the best bet so I chose a time bright and early for my flight experience. I was quite nervous about my vertigo issues and also having ear problems, so I contacted my doctor for a sign off before booking an appointment. Once the appointment was booked it was confirmed, I was to finally soar high above the waves like a bird. When the morning finally arrived I have to admit I was scared shitless. I had booked an appointment for not only myself, but also my fiancé, Eric. Eric is VERY scared of heights and I was positive he would chicken out. Of course the day of the flight he was shaking in his boots and telling me there was no way he would get in the air. Thank gosh our crew was beyond amazing. The boat took us out on the water far from land. The crew made all our nerves disappear as they explained in detail the experience to us. They explained how even children had flown before and how one of their regular flyers was an 80 year old woman! That made us at ease as they strapped us into the harnesses. Soon we were being hosted high in the sky. Eric was whimpering with fear as we were being lifted high above the waves. I was sure he was going to pee his pants. But alas the rope was fully extended and we were soaring. His nerves calmed and we got to see the whole beach from the sky. I cannot explain the feeling of being so high up, just hanging there. Seriously it was something out of this world. We saw dolphins swimming by under us and even a sea turtle. The crew even “dipped us” for a special surprise; which was a treat to cool us down on the HOT Florida morning. It was an experience I will never forget and one I hope to relive again soon! I am so happy I took the chance to soar!

Credits:
Kim Jensen: Watercolor Autumn Papers
Etc by Danyale: Nature Bounty Mousseron Paints
One Little Bird: Turning Leaves
fruitysuet likes this.
    • IntenseMagic
      Oh how awesome! I love parasailing...it's so peaceful up there! Beautiful page and great photos!!
    • bestcee
      How wonderful to soar! I love all the details in the story. The blended photo on the background is lovely.
    • mrs2a50
      Love these photos and your blending! Really stunning page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Oct 16, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    142 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).