Pups_r_Paps

I'm-a-Survivor - MOC #5-2

I'm-a-Survivor - MOC #5-2
Pups_r_Paps, Jan 2, 2017
Description:
Journaling:

In July 2016, our youngest Papillon, Trooper, was diagnosed with the “big C”: Cancer, “Recurrent Mast Cell Tumor, Grade 2, High Grade”, to be exact. Then the consulting Veterinarian at the University of Florida Animal Hospital said the “A” word – amputation. Devastating news.

The amputation was performed on Wednesday, August 10. He “bounced back” from the surgery remarkably well -– literally because now he has a little bounce in his step since he is missing his left rear leg. We now call him “tripod Trooper” - hey, you have to have humor, right?

He also survived bi-monthly chemotherapy treatments quite well. On December 15 he was declared “cancer free” and was giving a congratulatory kerchief signed by all of the staff. What a great day that was to end 2016. 01/02/2017

CREDITS: (some items altered, recolored) ”Pockets #4” Valorie Wibbens; “Quilted Mosaic”, etc by Danyale; “RSVP”, Lynn Marie; “Shine On”, Lynne Grieveson
    • KAPOH
      I didn't even notice Trooper only has 3 legs in the top photo! He is a very handsome boy. So glad he responded to treatment and is doing well. It must have been quite a traumatic 6 months, however. I know when I was told my Shih Tzu had cancer I literally felt as if the floor dropped out from under me. This is a beautiful pocket page and I love the "Survivor" banner!
    • ljonezy
      Wow.
      Great journaling.
    • HeatherB
      So glad that Trooper was able to beat cancer. He is a handsome boy. It must have been quite a difficult time. Wonderful page celebrating his success.
    • Amson
      So happy Trooper came through this surgery with such success. This is a wonderful page!
    • IntenseMagic
      Bless his little heart! So glad he was able to beat the cancer and come through so well!! Such a sweet page!
    • JSmith84
      What a cute pup. Glad you had such a positive outcome.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    124.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).