QuiltyMom

I Will Miss You

I Will Miss You
QuiltyMom, Jan 25, 2017
Description:
Block Party by Amber LaBau
Worn Out Reviews templates by Lynn Grieveson

Get your hankies out...
Until now, you are the only family I've ever known. I started out as a blank slate with no landscaping, all empty inside, and you filled me with laughter and joy. In the past 48 years I've seen you all grow older, and what a time you had within my walls: watching the Rose Parade in your pajamas while you ate breakfast, the holidays and birthdays where you celebrated to your hearts content, your many pets who lived and died as you cherished their every moments with them, picking citrus from the trees, your Dad as he spent his last days on this earth. And don't you dare forget about the earthquakes! But now I look forward to a new family living within me where they will make new memories and grow to love me as you did. They will play in the backyard sandbox, slide down the stairs, look out the upstairs windows when it rains to watch the water run down the street. While I understand it was time for your Mom to leave, I will miss you and not ever forget you, because you are just as much a part of me as I am of you.
KarenB and MrsPeel like this.
    • MrsPeel
      oh Jn... I don;t know where to start!!!!!!! This reminds me of that Project Mouse event where I "met you" and my love for you and your family, for your gorgeous pages, started to grow a little bit more with each of them...... reading this I coudl almost hear you guys up and down, all that amazing, loving family I have grown to love making those walls proud and happy....it is such a beautiful house too, but as these walls well said: another family will come, and (to me) the beautiful vibe/energy/legacy of your family will give them a great start... I think you know how emotional I am by now LOL then you know I have shed a tear... but I am also looking forward to the next step to be reflected in your pages, and you guys filling with love the new walls... (I'm not sure if you have already moved but will make time to catch up in your gallery now more than ever!!!!! ) Love your beautiful take of Lynn's template, the photos are amazing and the light all around the page comes all the way here to brighten up my evening....thanks so much for playing with us!!!!!!!!![​IMG]
      QuiltyMom likes this.
    • QuiltyMom
      @MrsPeel Thank you for your kind comments! This is the house I grew up in, and where my Mom lived alone until we needed to move her to Independent Living. A young family at her church offered to buy it from her, so they are now living there with a new daughter to play under the trees! Our family had 48 good years there, but as I said it was time for a new family to make new memories. I have yet to return to see what improvements they've made, so maybe I'll do that this coming summer!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      @QuiltyMom thanks for the explanation...I thought it was weird that you said 48 years because I knew she didn't live with you...I'm sure you can understand that with so many people and pages I sometimes have a hard time recalling the proper stories, so I thought it was you moving...(my neurological condition doesnt help wither!!! and old age , of course LOL) would be great if they let you take photos once they did something to the house!!!!! <3 Huggzz
      QuiltyMom likes this.
    • flowersgal
      What a wonderful journalling and photos. Sure to be a treasured layout.
      QuiltyMom likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    QuiltyMom
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    285.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).