Serena

I Love Walter Hunt!

I Love Walter Hunt!
Serena, Sep 15, 2017
Description:
For our Lovely Christa's Random Challenge found here!

Journaling:

It's no secret. I love Walter Hunt! I mean, who wouldn't love a man who randomly decided in 1849 to make the lives of people everywhere that much easier by creating a safety pin? Did this genius know that his creations would later become decorative along with superbly helpful? I'd like to think he knew, and he loved it. My Hero!"

(This layout brought to you by The Naming Fairy with the amusing sense of humor who made us ALL have to google "who in the world is Walter Hunt?!" I love you, Naming Fairy!!)

Credits:

Fiddle-Dee-Dee: Wonderful Things {Dressed Down}

Sahlin Studios: Simplify | Kit, this moment (elements)

Kristin Aagard: Sew Happy Elements

Little Butterfly Wings: All the Basics Vol 02 {Bold}

Sabrina's Creations: Crisp | Element Pack

Thank you for looking! :D
jenn mccabe likes this.
    • bellbird
      LOL i applaud your bright monotone page and your humor and exuberant public appreciation of safety pins - bravo!
    • lmccandless
      You really made me laugh with this... and it's a great page! Love the graphic black and white with the cute title work. :)
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @bellbird the hilarious thing, Miss Justine, is that I thought @bestcee Courtney had mis-tagged me. I was going through alerts and saw she had said something to me and went "what? My tag line (I thought she meant signature line because everyone has different names for things sometimes) is about procrastination? And has been there awhile? So I figured it for a mis-tag and then googled Walter for the heck of it and went what in the world?!! I was laughing so hard when I went back and saw what she meant! I love how it's so weird like me! ^.^ it had to be scrapped! My love cannot be contained! ;)
    • Serena
      @lmccandless thank you thank you Miss Applesauce!! :D it was a laugh I needed so I'm SUPER glad it worked! <3!!
    • cfile
      omg this is hilarious! I love your page Serena.. the b/w page with the pop of turquoise from the pin box... oh how hilarious how you got the tag line of walter Hunt too.. perfect in every way Serena!! Love your page and it is perfect for the random challenge too!! Love this and I too was like do you like people name Walter and hunt them down? LOL then I saw your page and it was like oh! Ha Ha!! awesome! Thanks for playing along too!!
      Serena likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      ha! i love that made a page from that forum thread! It's adorable and funny and so ... you! Congrats on getting a tagline! :beat
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @cfile Hehe! Thanks Christa! I actually made this page BECAUSE of the tagline. I had no clue who he was, Courtney tagged me because I didn't even know I HAD a tag line, both she and I had to google who he was. And of course, me, being the type who loves humor, I just HAD to make a page! So, I was making the page for the wonderful Naming Fairy, whomever they are, and since the photo I found was black and white, remembered your challenge and took it up! :D I had no idea who Walter Hunt was until my tagline was given to me. Hehe!

@jenn mccabe Thank you!!! Kimberly called for the Naming Fairy who apparently delivered! I like that the tagline made me learn something new! I was mortified at first because I had NO idea who Walter Hunt was and thought he was like a real person. (I mean, he IS, but you know what I mean. :D) Now I utterly LOVE my tagline, it's so weird and ecclectic! Hee!!
      jenn mccabe and cfile like this.
    • bbymks5
      This is too cute!! I also love me some safety pins!! I still want to get my hands on the HUGE ones that everyone wears at In-n-Out!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @bbymks5 hmmm perhaps look on sites that sell Scottish Kilts for those large Safety Pins :)
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • bbymks5
      @cfile Ohhh!! That's a great idea!! I hadn't thought of that at all!
      cfile likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Serena
    Date:
    Sep 15, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    447 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).