mrs2a50

history lives here

history lives here
mrs2a50, Jan 25, 2019
Description:
MOC Day 20: Telling a Story

Elif Sahin Designs: It's About Time Elements and Papers

i haven't always been this run down. i was a pretty good looking barn, once, back in the day. i had strong, sturdy walls and a solid foundation. my roof was state of the art, when i was in my prime. in the beginning, i did everything. i stored hay, keeping it warm and dry through the winter, so the horses had food. i held onto the tools and farm equipment, making sure they weren't stolen, and didn't rust out in the elements. i was a labor and delivery room, and then a warm bed, for the farm cats to have their kittens. i was an overnight stop for the travelers making their way toward destinations unknown. i was a hiding place when susie "ran away" from home. she didn't make it any further than my loft. later, i was the secret meeting place for susie when she got older and wanted to meet billy from the neighboring farm. their daddies would have tanned their hides if they knew they were sweet on each other. i know all the secrets from this farm. i was a haven where people could come talk through their troubles with themselves, or work through their differences with each other. some days, i was their "church," where they could talk to god.

but, over time, i lost some of my luster. the rain and the snow battered my walls, and the sun dried them out. the wind worked its way in through the gaps, and suddenly i couldn't keep folks as warm as i used to. my roof got weak and started showing its age. they patched me up as best they could, but as the farm grew, i stopped being useful. once they built a new barn, closer to the house, they didn't need me so much anymore. so here i sit. eventually i know i won't be much more than a pile of old wood, and that's okay. i had a good life, and i served my purpose.
chastml likes this.
    • cfile
      Julie, you are a natural storyteller!! I love the story being told by the barn and I giggled re Susie and Billy :) so sweet and I love the simplicity of elements and papers to let the photo of the barn and the story keep the focus of the page. (I too love old barns!!) Love this!! TFS!
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • jesskab
      Oh my goodness, Susie & Billy, scandalous! My last name is Barnes & I love all things farm. Thank you so much for the wonderful inspiration & EVERYTHING else you do, Julie!
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    mrs2a50
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    88.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).