Description:
Phrames by Kim Jensen
Happy Mail Elements Kim Jensen
Happy Mail Papers by Kim Jensen
School Zone by Kim Jensen

Jot it down Vol 4 by Amy Wolff

This day is Mine by Rachel Jefferies

Dear future self,
Hi, it is me from the past. I am 40 years old it is the start of 2023 and it has been a rough last year. The struggles we faced were some of the hardest yet. Being permanently disabled because of a work injury and struggling to find a job. Having medical issues turn your life upside down. Struggles with past trauma coming back into your life to haunt you once again. Money issues and being so broke you don't know how you are going to make it.
I am hoping by the time you read this that things have become better and you finally are leading the life you dreamed for. Achieved the things you always hoped. Reached those goals. Gotten your dream house with the backyard. Been able to travel the world. Had time to relax with the grandkids and enjoy the life you truly deserve.
But I also want you to remember the hard things. I want you to remember living paycheck to paycheck, not being able to get the things you wanted because you didn't have enough money. I want you to remember the doctor bills you struggled to pay, crying on the way to the supermarket not knowing if you will have enough to pay for groceries, not being able to imagine traveling to other countries and wondering if your life was limited to 200 miles north, southeast and west of your tiny town.
umyesh and berniek like this.
    • umyesh
      Beautiful heartfelt letter Kari. I agree that it’s good to remember the hard times. I love how you included the photo and the “today” note on top of the letter. The messy paint is my favorite showing how life is messy sometimes.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • dotcomkari
      @umyesh it's my spilled coffee and beans my dear...cause indeed life is very messy..lol
      umyesh likes this.
    • umyesh
      @dotcomkari haha my eyes are so bad I thought the beans were just spots!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jan 22, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    202.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).