Jems

Granny Bain

Granny Bain
Jems, Jan 13, 2018
Description:
MOC6 - Jan 12 - Throwback Photo
a LO about my Granny Bain 1927-2017. this was a hard LO for me to do, she was my rock, she was my best friend, she was my biggest supporter, i loved her so very very much.

The Bella Gypsy Effervescent collection was perfect for her, even at almost 90 she would laugh and giggle with me and tell me the best stories, she was always so full of life, she would always ask me how she got so old, id tell her she wasn't old just experienced.

My Jounrnaling reads:
Granny Bain, 1927-2017.

I’m so very thankful I got to have you in my life. I’m so thankful I had you to guide me and to be there for me. I’m so thankful you were there for me my whole life. People always said we looked alike, in the photo on your wedding day 1948 you can see the likeness, the face shape, the eyes and the nose, oh that nose and the blackbirds on it. We always had a special relationship. I miss you every day. You were the first phone call when I passed my CA. You were always my biggest supporter. Even though in the end we lived so very far apart I always thought of you and wanted to make you proud. I can only hope that I’m half the mother that you were. I hope some of you rubbed off on me. You are the most amazing woman I will ever meet. I love you more than you will ever know. You are my Wonder Woman, you are my Rock. Thank you.

(i took a guess on the wedding photo, she was 21 when she got married so 1948, HOWEVER, her birthday is September and she got married Aug 5, so im not sure if it was actually 1947 when she was almost 21)

hahaha either way its more than 5 years ago :)

I used Bella Gypsy Effervescent line - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Effervescent-Collection.html
    • Sokee
      I love that you showed her from child to being grandma!! Beautiful!
      Jems likes this.
    • Karen
      Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a gift to have such a special grandma that you were so close to all your life. Not everyone gets to have that great connection, so while you miss her terribly, you are so lucky to have had her for so long. This is a great tribute to her and I absolutely love her smile in the lower right photo!
      Jems likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Jems
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    218.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).