CharlotteM

Gohrisch_MOC10_day26

Gohrisch_MOC10_day26
CharlotteM, Jan 26, 2022
Description:
January 26: Remembrance or Tribute Layout
....Gohrisch........
Credits:
Mixed Media July 19 --> https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Media-Monthly-Bee-Adaptable-Thrive.html

Text:360 Words
Gohrisch is located in Saxon Switzerland in Germany.
The Saxon Switzerland National Park is Saxony's only national park. It is the only rock national park in Germany.
The Saxon Switzerland National Park in eastern Germany offers endless opportunities to spend your vacation. The 93 km long region between Pirna and the Czech border is one of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe. More than 700 peaks are available to climbers, while for those who prefer to stay on the ground, 400 km² of marked hiking trails, climbs, paths and some cycling routes lead through the national park.
My family has been vacationing in Gohrisch since 1925. They always rented the same apartment, in a wooden house with a huge covered balcony. My mother remembers how much they loved going there as children. There was a lot of hiking, climbing on rocks, picnics, sailing on the Elbe and climbing, there was a swimming pool and they spent a lot of time outside playing at the edge of the forest.
It was a very happy and carefree time for the whole family and friends and acquaintances were always happy to visit.
when the children were older, they also took friends with them and sometimes came over the weekend for a short time
During the Second World War they were temporarily evacuated there and were better protected there than in Dresden. Even in the worst times of war, it conveyed a feeling of security and home.
After the war, my family had to move and start from scratch - and then lived in western Germany and were no longer allowed to enter the east.
We only went back to Gohrisch 20 years ago - and have been regularly since then.
It has remained a place of longing for my mother over the years.
A lot has changed in Gohrisch, but some things - also important for my mother - have remained, including the old wooden house where my mother lived at the time. It now has other owners, but remains an important part of the memories in the life of our family.
We are very happy there and consider it a second home.
    • bestcee
      I love the reflection on Gohrisch. It sounds like a very special place for your family. I love how you shared the role it had in your life and your mothers life over the years.
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      thank you so much♥
    • *sylvia*
      I liked reading your journaling. I only know the area from stories told by others. Your picture really makes you want to go there. Awesome take in the challenge.
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      @*sylvia*thank you so much!
      ...es ist so wunderschön dort, weil Du wandern und auch klettern kannst, aber auch gemütlich einfach nur laufen und Schiffchen fahren, die Felsen sind grandios anzusehen....
    • cfile
      so gorgeous.. I love the photo with the paint underneath and the beautiful flower clusters. I enjoyed reading your journaling and I love that you can now visit there. It may not be the same but at least you can go back and relive the wonderful memories you shared there.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    CharlotteM
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    202.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).