KAPOH

Glimpses-of-Spring

Glimpses-of-Spring
KAPOH, Apr 6, 2017
Description:
JOURNALING: Ah, spring. For nearly 40 years, no matter what the weather, when it was Opening Day of the baseball season, THAT was spring to me. I even scheduled three elective surgeries around "Opening Day!" Baseball eventually broke my heart. But, there ARE memories...

“My” team was always the Cincinnati Reds, and for many years they had the honor of opening the baseball season. I think they still always open the season at home. Looking at some of the pics on the Reds’ website, a lot of old memories were stirred up, and a few tears were shed for what has been lost.
Opening Day 1963, including Pete Rose in his Major League Debut 4/8/63
Others pictured include Johnny Edwards, Vada Pinson, Gordy Coleman, Frank Robinson, and Gene Freese
The first manager I remember, Fred Hutchinson, died in 1964. (the heart starting to break.)
4/5/71: The Reds play their first Opening Day at Riverfront Stadium in front of 51,701 fans, plus ME! (51,702)

CREDITS: PHOTOS: web; KITS: Sports Mega Kit Home Run by Boomers Girl Designs; Fresh Breeze by Gina Miller; Day of the Dead by Kate Hadfield; FONT: Comic Sans
Mylinn likes this.
    • Serena
      Awww, sad but sweet! I really like the baseball shot and how you've started out the journaling on 'home base'. :)
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Lots of memories for sure....I like the green strokes around the photos and that heart shaped baseball!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Apr 6, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).