jam-on-toast

Frangrance-free life

Frangrance-free life
jam-on-toast, Nov 7, 2021
Description:
artCrush 45 by NBK Design
https://the-lilypad.com/store/artCrush-45-Kit.html
As a creative team member of several designers who offer the most amazing templates in the world- you know I LOVE those - I rarely get to create a layout from scratch - because I can't resist those templates I love. This page was different. I started with just a vague idea of cutting a pie into wedges... and let my inner voice guide me. At times it felt like the the hand holding the mouse was making the decisions for me... This was prue scrapping bliss. Thank you for looking.

I lost my sense of smell during COVID and three months later can still smell nothing. It is definitely a bizzare experience worth documenting...

journaling reads:

I lost my sense of smell during COVID and have lived a fragrance-free life for three months now. Although I can smell absolutely nothing - not my morning coffee, not the rain in my garden... not even the molten asphalt outside my house - I noticed it by accident when someone had inhaled deeply and said 'oh, the rich scent of basil'.

The very fact that I needed pointing out that I'd lost it is an indication of how important smell had been for me. I never liked using perfumes and always thought 'the fragrance of flowers in the air' was just a poetic turn of phrase. Sure, I could smell roses and lavender and daffodils, but I needed to have my nose almost in the flower for that. I loved fragrant shower gels, however. And the smell of food.

Cooking is the biggest problem. I can enjoy eating food, but need my nose as a guide when adding herbs and spices. Bummer... Everything I cook is bland.

It's not all bad though. When my dog rolled in poop and I had to wash him, it didn't bother me one bit. Touching him was gross, and I had to wash my hands several times afterwards because I couldn't be sure the stench had gone. The struggle was real.

There's not much data and the prognosis so far is 'it should come back within a year'. At times I think I am beginning to sense difference in no smell...hmmm
Karen and zotova like this.
    • zotova
      Great page for challenge! I like the use of a large number of different triangles in design!
      Also thanks for the interesting story about yourself!
    • flowersgal
      Gorgeous layout. I enjoyed reading your journaling and was taken into your current world of “no smell.” You should make your lovely design into a template. And you could even share it with your fellow CT members like me who are more technically challenged,
    • SeattleSheri
    • quietgirl
      I am sorry you experienced this.
      It happened to me as well.
      I will be praying that your sense of smell returns SOON!
    • jam-on-toast
      @SeattleSheri wow... thank you for the honor!!! great news on a monday morning!
    • jam-on-toast
      @flowersgal Oh, thank you for the compliment, you humble m...I am not very good at creating fancy shapes, like well balanced curcles, curves, masks etc... that's why I LOVE working with templates but I learned how to work with basic shapes that my software does automatically - squares, pies and pie segments that you can change the size of, dounts where you can adjust the size of the inner hole, stars where you can adjust the number of points, etc... it's fun to play with, and there are some clever videos out there... it's like figuring out a puzzle an I've always loved that..
      So for this layout I created a few wedges, rotated and duplicated them, and then adjusted the size... the rest was just layering bit of paper underneath those pie wedges in haphazard manner...
    • keepscrappin
      sorry you can't smell! i have sensitivities to smells so sometimes i wish i couldn't smell, but not having it when you need it is no fun!

I love how you've layered up all the slices and did your journaling in the shapes. Everything is simply stunning! I would love to have this as a template like @flowersgal

Thanks for playing along with the Nov 2021 random challenge!
    • AnEnglishLady
      Gorgeous! I love all the interest created by the wedges. The segmenting and angling of the text is a fabulous way to keep the viewer engaged with the text and I appreciate that none of the text was obscured by your embellishments. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope, now that a year has passes, your sense of smell has returned.
      #journaling #aboutme #gallerystandout
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Nov 7, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    293.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).