FM2023-032023-Health
AnotherAmanda, Mar 7, 2023
Description:
Find Me - March 2023 - Health
Journaling - 03/06/23
It's weird to think about how things have changed this past year or so. I've gained way more weight than I want to admit even though I workout almost daily and push myself (within safe limits). I've done the whole-push-myself-as-hard-as-I-can thing and pretty much ended up hurting myself so I've at least learned not to do that anymore. (So? Go Me!)
My doctor thinks most of my weight gain is just a consequence of getting older and my metabolism slowing down. (Yay, lucky Me!) Not really. And back in August I ended up at the ER with what was eventually diagnosed as AFIB so that's something new to deal with. I think I finally wrapped my head around the fact that I now have a chronic condition and there are things I need to consider for my health going forward... at least I have the regular workout thing down. I'm mourning the loss of regular tea (even decaffeinated tea needs to be cut down) in the winter, salt in all things, spinach and broccoli (because of issues from medications – luckily this is just cutting back so less spinach in my smoothies), very minimal alcohol (not really an issue because I've never been a huge drinker), and a bunch of other things I'm currently forgetting.
Honestly, food has always been a huge issue for me. I love food. Fried food (now very, very bad because of AFIB), snacks (highly processed full of salt and chemicals I can't pronounce), smoothies (probably the healthiest thing I make on a regular basis all fruit – but cold things can trigger my AFIB so no more really, really cold smoothies filled with mango and oranges and tons of spinach that I could have for every meal and never get bored.) Sigh. I think chocolate was on the list too. Some cheeses... Cheddar? Cranberry juice that I loved so much. Good bye deliciousness. Ugh. Reading the foods to avoid is depressing. Apparently, green tea has vitamin K and is on the list... so my favorite replacement isn't actual option. Sigh. I really need to start avoiding the truth and move forward with healthier eating for me and in turn Todd and Benjamin since I do most of the cooking.
I'm trying to cook more. It's healthier and better for all of us. I still hate cooking. I hate it. Always have. I keep waiting for the kitchen fairies to show up... but it hasn't happened yet. Benjamin is showing some interest in learning how to cook so that's something we'll be working on. While Todd knows how I feel about cooking (he never really learned because his Mom hated cooking more than I do), I make sure to keep my negative comments away from Benjamin so he can make up his own mind and decide whether or not he wants to try to cook. We'll be starting with his favorite sandwich – grilled cheese – and go from there depending on his interests. It'll be frankly awesome if Benjamin decides he likes cooking and wants to take over more as he gets older. Momma can dream, right?
Good things to focus on – I'm not pre-diabetic (even with the crazy weight gain this past year), my heart (even with the AFIB) is healthy – my cardiologist was very pleased with my test results on the treadmill, blood work and sleep studies. I don't need any sort of surgery for heart valve issues that can cause AFIB and it seems like genetics explain it the best (three of my older cousins – Tim, Danny & Jeanne – all have AFIB to some degree with Timmy being the worst off. None of my siblings have any heart issues so that's good.
Forward ho! Let's go. (I guess...)
Font - Remington Noiseless
Elements and Papers - CC Wake Up With a Purpose (R Jefferies), SB Don't Quit (Collaboration), Stronger Than Yesterday Cutout (SWL) Healthy Snippets (G Miller)
Style - shadows, BYOC April 2019 Sticker (Mommyish)
Action - twisted actions (P Kesselring)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    All About You Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    Mar 7, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).