Cherylndesigns

Favorite Childhood Memory

Favorite Childhood Memory
Cherylndesigns, Mar 25, 2019
Description:
I just bought Paula's Read All Day Long Elements and decided to scrap one of my favorite childhood memories. I LOVED going to the public library and went as often as I could beg somebody to give me a ride. It was a "real Carnegie Library". I got both of these pictures online and amazingly, they didn't tear the building down, when they moved the library to a big, ultra modern structure. Of course, the city fathers wanted to, but a group of civic-minded citizens formed an alliance and prevented that happening. I moved from there many years ago, but my cousin was instrumental in the prevention of the leveling of many landmarks. Before that group was formed, they tore down the historical courthouse and built a "modern eyesore".

Credits: PaulaKesselring_NumbersPapers_1; PaulaKesselring_readallday_elements2, elements27, elements1, elements6, elements30, elements4, elements33; Soco_adonemorechapter_indextab5; font Beyond The Mountains Reg, Cambria Bold.
paula kesselring likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      What an awesome childhood memory... so glad you were able to find some pix online and they saved the building.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @keepscrappin Thanks so much, Kayla! I was thrilled to find these pictures! Thanks for taking the time to leave your sweet comments.
    • mcurtt
      I love this almost black & white page! Getting pics off the internet for your memory pages is a fantastic idea! A great layout showing the versatility of Paula's products. Growing up in Chicago, most of the time I'd walk the mile and a half to a small, neighborhood library, where I'd spend my Wednesday afternoons and Saturdays. When I was a bit older, my friends and I would venture downtown, just south of the loop, to visit the awesome main library there.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt I walked there a lot too, Marilyn. It was at least a mile. I'd do anything to get to the library. Going into downtown Chicago must have been awesome. I'm sure the library there was huge. I though this one was huge when I was a kid. One of the last times I went back home, my cousin (who was on the "Save The Library Committee" took me up there to see the new Art Center. It was so weird, because it was still big, with that dome in the center, but we both said we remembered it being so much bigger when we were kids.
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paula Kesselring
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Mar 25, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    101.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).