cinderella

"Do you see what I see?"

"Do you see what I see?"
cinderella, Jan 27, 2018
Description:
January 26 – Tradition/Heritage (Journaling)

Rebel - Digital Scrapbooking Kit Collab by Allison Pennington and Just Jaimee
font: Hello stranger

Please excuse my grammar mistakes. I'll write it again in my own language for my scrapbook.
Journaling:
April 1986 My brother was a newborn, less than 40 days old. He got an ear infection, probably from me; I wasn't ill, but I was a first grader that year, and maybe some kid at school was ill too. He had to be admitted to the children's hospital. I don't remember much from those days, other than I was feeling guilty. Of course my mom had to stay there with him, and my dad had to go to work. So my grandparents came to pick me up and have me stay with my aunt and cousins. On our way there, it was already dark and it was raining heavily. There were too many thunders and lightnings. I remember the lightings being majestic, but now I can tell that my grandma was really scared. Every time she saw a lighting, she kept asking me, with a soft voice that was hiding her terror: “Do you see what I see?”. That phrase was here to stay! Even now, it's one of the things we say as a family. And every time it's raining heavily & there are thunders, I remember that evening, with my grandpa driving in silence and my grandma trying to make me feel me comfortable.
(207 words)
This photo was taken on December 18th, 2017. Rain and lightnings always remind me of that evening...
    • Iowan
      I enjoyed reading your story about that evening with your grandparents and the wonderful tie in with the title. Your photo blend is stunning-just a wonderful layout.
      Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      cinderella likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Just Jaimee
    Uploaded By:
    cinderella
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    280.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).