dancingJaye

Djaye-MOC6-012618

Djaye-MOC6-012618
dancingJaye, Feb 1, 2018
Description:
Day 26-Tradition or Heritage Page
Kit: Tansy Teagarden by Rebecca McMeen

Journaling:
To my stalwart angel mother: I must admit, I got a good giggle out of this excerpt from your life history. You have been ever faithful, ever obedient, I haven’t had many opportunities to see a demonstration of sass...it made my day.

Cindy’s life history:
I don’t remember feeling at all rebellious, however, I remember one occasion when I challenged Daddy (unheard of in those days!). I had seen “West Side Story” and really wanted to see it again. Daddy couldn’t see any sense in spending good money on a movie one had already seen and said I couldn’t go. I was not a happy camper! When Nancy [born 24 June 1960] was way little she loved to sit on the piano bench with me and I would play and sing her favorite songs to her. Shortly after denying permission to go to the movie and probably anxious to get Nancy out of someone's hair, Daddy asked me to sing to her. I sat her down with me and began playing but wouldn't sing. Daddy finally asked me why I wasn't singing and I said, "She's already heard the words before, she doesn't need to hear them again." O-o-o-o CHEEKY! Daddy disappeared down the hall for a few seconds and then hollered "Alright! You can go!"
    • Iowan
      This is just tooooooooooooooo funny. How cheeky is right. I loved West Side Story and remember reading the book too. She looks like a Breck (hair product0 girl in the photo. Great journaling and lovely page. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    dancingJaye
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    98 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).