DearOlderMeMOC2018_D9JC
AnotherAmanda, Jan 10, 2018
Description:
MOC 2018 - Day 9 - Journaling Challenge Advice to your future self
Elements and Papers = Enchanted, Childhood (Sabrina's Creations), Word One (Rebecca McMeen), Family Day (Sabrina Dupre), MegaSolids (Amy Wolff)
Font - Garamond Pro
Text layout InDesign
Journaling -
Dear Even Older Me -
I wish I could say I already knew what you were going to learn in the next few years or decades. If I've learned anything to date, it's that most things that matter don't change. They are always there and the things that don't are more often than not easily forgotten. Time makes the good times better and the hard things seem not so terrible.

I guess I can only really remind you to remember what is truly important in life – family, friends, self - and, as Jo Ann would always say – vacations! I'm hoping that I take the time for each of those things and that I never feel guilty for asking and/or saying I need time for myself. I know it was hard for me when Ben was first born. I thought I had to do everything all the time and be there for everyone while putting myself last or even beyond last. You know, dragging behind the car and holding on to the bumper kind of last. That wasn't healthy for me or my relationships with anyone. I was miserable and I know that led to everyone else suffering too.

So keep in mind that you can't do everything or even want to do everything. Saying “NO!” loudly and often is healthy. Being selfish with my alone time isn't really selfish. It's what I need to be the happiest me – and that can only make the people around me that I love happier too.

Also remember that days can be hard, but more often then not, those hard days aren't nearly as bad once I've had a good rest. Asking myself if I would really care about whatever is frustrating me in a week or a month or a year or a decade has helped me calm down and breathe. Yoga has helped too. I hope you've stuck with that. I hope you've continued to learn valuable things that make you happier. I hope the sad/bad/horrible times are short and far between. Those times are tough but aren't so terrible when you're content with 90% of your choices and life. Knowing that starting again tomorrow is possible helps too. Deep breathing has helped in so many ways.

In the end, I know life isn't perfect but I know that doesn't mean life can't be wonderful, flowing and happy anyway. Life is just a series of precious moments that we either collect and share or forget and I hope I have a full drawer of memories to pull out when I'm older.

Love, Younger You.
Word Count - 436
Dalis and Mylinn like this.
    • Mylinn
      Love everything about this page!
    • Dalis
      oh wow, I hadn't realized that was a woman stamp! I thought it was just paint! Remember to deep breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    Jan 10, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    718.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).