flowersgal

Day7_ChristmasinJuly2019_web

Day7_ChristmasinJuly2019_web
flowersgal, Jul 25, 2019
Description:
Day 7 - Christmas in July 2019 (Tradition)
Supplies:
Lynn Grieveson - Old Edges; Merry Days Borders; Layer Up Photo Spots
Sahin Designs - Joy
    • Cherylndesigns
      I love this, Patsy - I just read your journaling in the forum. People don't always want to change, but sometimes, change is good. Beautiful, poignant journaling and I love that photograph.:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
      flowersgal likes this.
    • flowersgal
      @Cherylndesigns - Thanks. This is a good reminder that sometimes change is even better. One thing mother did for as many years as she came at Christmas time she always brought us a half-gallon of her homemade boiled custard. Divine!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal I love homemade custard, Patsy. My paternal grandmother used to make it and I've never had any custard better than hers. She made the best sweet rice pudding, too. I've tried and tried to duplicate her rice, but never got there. You're right - change can be good. Why do we dislike it so? It's pretty inevitable in life, though.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • marijke
      Beautiful page design ... love the different layers with the photo ...you are such a good storyteller ...
      flowersgal likes this.
    • mcurtt
      LOL! I'm surprised that your mother admitted that to you. Anyway, I'm sure you were a gracious hostess, else she wouldn't have wanted to travel to your place. Love the stacking, love the muted retro colors.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • flowersgal
      @marijke - thanks for the compliment on the storytelling. Journaling is one of my favorite things and most of my pages have at least a bit of it. Sometimes the photos don't really tell the whole story!
    • flowersgal
      @mcurtt - Yes, my mother could be pretty verbal and vocal. We didn't agree on a lot of things but she did enjoy coming at Christmas. I'm experimenting with these challenges in using unexpected colors (not just the traditional red & green) and find that the soft aqua with red works well for vintage photos giving the page a retro vibe.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • redplaid3
      Love your cluster of ephemera behind the old picture. So fun that your mom changed her mind!!!
      flowersgal likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    flowersgal
    Date:
    Jul 25, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    212.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).