Mingo08

Day 8 - 17-Year-Cicadas

Day 8 - 17-Year-Cicadas
    • dawnmarch
      You’ve managed to make a beautiful page of (what I think is) a not so beautiful bug. Lovely Work!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • bcgal00
      Beautiful clustering and what a great macro shot!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      love this!!!!! I saw it in passing, had to come see closer...one of my most favourite songs (in Spanish) is one hat talks about the cicadas.... I think their story, the way they live is so interesting and the song draws some parallels with the warriors of life..... great page!!!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @MrsPeel - Thanks so much! If I had known the song, I'm sure I could have worked it in somehow. My daughter, now almost 22, was around for the last hatching and she was enthralled with the casings left on the trees in our lane. I intend to scrap those years sometime (the photos are all prints and I just stuck them in albums with no stories because baby years). I had to do *something* to mark them this time around, besides send her photos of the bugs!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      LOL photos of bugs !!!
      I did my daughter's first 8 years of life in 7 books, they were letter size , landscape format and printed them... it was the first thing I did on scrapbooking, all paper photos which I took the time to take photos of the photos...in my kitchen, poping them against the kettle, having a couple of lamps to make sure light not reflect too much, with a Nikon D40....I had to tell her story, there were things I wanted her to know, and , even though we alway took millions of photos, like you, we had them in albums without a clue of what was what....I know she will treasure you making the pages!!!
      the song about the cicadas... I will translate it for you maybe tomorrow or in a couple of days, I'm behind with my challenge commenting and my screen time is reduced, but will do. Cicada is Cigarra in Spanish, is called Como la Cigarra, Like the Cicada, or As the Cicada :)

Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @MrsPeel - oh thank you SO much! I enjoyed the song and found a translation, so please don't put yourself out more for that. I was surprised at how popular songs about La Cigarra are in Spanish - I couldn't narrow down which one you may have been referring to, so thank you! So many are romantic, but I like yours best!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      oh the Latin American music and the Spanish (European) are amazing, the Como la Cigar I am talking about (the one sung in the video) is from the author Maria Elena Walsh :)
      once again, gonna try make time to come to your gallery as soon as I catch up with my challenge, I am a bit behind, but I love stopping and going beyond the one line comment.... some amazing life lessons and wonderful friendship I got from interaction in galleries... (and I have neurological issues that keep away from the forum) so I had to stop here for a while :)
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @MrsPeel I'm glad you stopped by! I have had a lot of "life" stuff the past four years, so I haven't had time to spend time in the forums either! I do my best to connect, when and where I can... Hope things start to improve for you if they can.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Mingo08
    Date:
    Jan 8, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    663.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).