MiekSter

Day 31

Day 31
MiekSter, Jan 31, 2021
Description:
Rachel Jefferies & Studio Basic | Silent Battles: Grief

October 22, 2012

Tomorrow daddy will be operated for the second time. The tumor in is head has grown explosive and the doctors will try to remove a part of it again, hoping to buy us some extra time.He’s skyping you before you have
to go to bed. He shows you his room and the bed he will be sleeping in.
My heart melted seeing you two sitting behind the screen and blowing kisses to daddy.
I took 2 pictures with my phone...

The next day daddy’s operation went terribly wrong; the couldn’t remove
part of the tumor, by only opening up there was caused so much damage
they stopped immidiatly. When daddy woke up from his induced coma the
damage was devastating. His right side was completely paralyzed, but
what was most heartbreaking of all was daddy’s wasn’t able to speak
anymore; there was a lot of damage on the speech area in his brain.
So, the picture I took so quickly was a priceless memory of the last time
daddy could read you a story, to tell you he loved you, to speak complete
scentences...

In the next 2 months and 2 days daddy was with us, we learned to communicate in different ways, and I’m so thankful words weren’t necessary to show you how much he loved you
chastml likes this.
    • Iowan
      Such heartfelt journaling. I love the composition. Those photos are the sweetest, live your work here
    • Heidi Nicole
    • michele hillam
      I am so sorry for your loss! I do love the way you documented it, I love the messy pieces. Such emotion. I believe we will see our loved ones again and we will be whole, able to read stories to our families once again.
    • Karen
      This is heartbreaking and so beautifully captured! Every time I read about this I cry! I really do love that you are able to capture these emotional pictures and memories so well though! Your page composition is amazing as always too! Congratulations on the well deserved GSO!
      MiekSter likes this.
    • MaggieMae
      This layout is special in every way! I am so very sorry for your loss and so glad that you captured that special time. Take care.
      MiekSter likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      I agree with all of the other comments. Such heartfelt journaling and meaningful photos. Big hugs!

Congrats on the GSO too.
      MiekSter likes this.
    • MiekSter
      @Heidi Nicole Thank you for picking my page, I'm happy I came to the point that I am able to look at this pictures and they not only make me sad, but most of all make me feel thankful.
      A few years ago I read a quote:
      “There will come a day, I promise you, when the thought of your son, or daughter, or your wife or your husband, brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye. It will happen. My prayer for you is that day will come sooner than later.”

That day has come, I am able to document and share them, it's a very important part of our lifes. I hope it will bring some light for other people dealing with loss, life will never be the same and grief never passes, but life goes on and it's to beautiful not to live it.
      Karen likes this.
    • MiekSter
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    MiekSter
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).