trekmom

Day 31 I Need My Family And Their Love

Day 31 I Need My Family And Their Love
trekmom, Jan 31, 2023
Description:
I used the kit from Forever Joy called Home Sweet Home.
The lyrics are from a song by a band called Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
(1) Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home (Official Video) - YouTube
I can't believe the month went by so fast.
I'm so grateful for this place we call our second home, the Lilypad.
    • ajm
      WOW! This is so great! Can you teach me how to raise butterflies…
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @ajm first thing, I plant a lot of Butterfly weed in my yard and every day I check for an itty bitty pearl on the bottom of a leaf. If I find one, I cut that whole branch off and bring it inside and put the bottom of the branch in water. I cover the water with aluminum foil. I keep adding more Butterfly weed leaves for the newly emerged caterpillar to eat. 5 Steps to Rearing Monarchs at Home - Save Our Monarchs Monarchs are voracious eaters!
      Or I also buy baby caterpillars at Insect Lore I wait for a sale, buy one get one free. I've got the enclosure and everything I need to raise them. I use the same enclosure for the monarchs too. Thank you. How to Grow and Care for Butterfly Weed (thespruce.com) I save seeds from one season to the next.
    • Claire Grantham
      Wow! This is awesome. I didn't know you raised butterflies, that is pretty cool!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @Claire Grantham Thank you, yes, I've raised Monarchs and Painted Lady butterflies. I had 2 Monarchs last summer and at least a dozen Painted Ladies.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).