BLKinOR

Day 27 Paint Stroke Version 2

Day 27 Paint Stroke Version 2
BLKinOR, Feb 2, 2020
Description:
I'm struggling with this one. With the suggestion from @dalis I've tried to add more oomph but I'm not sure that I'm improving the look. Open to specific suggestions: cover the whole photo with paint? try a specific blend mode? (I feel like I've scrolled through all of them for each layer and not finding one that I like better). try a different less busy photo? change photo to black and white? try a photo with less vivid color? More practice? Watch more videos? Practice using a platform other than Affinity Photo on my iPad?

The biggest change I saw was using the saturation blend mode but for the life of me I couldn't make it look interesting to my eye.

I don't think I added anything new, just used more of the same and changed placement and blend modes.
I used:
https://the-lilypad.com/store/MOC-2020-Painter-s-Toolbox-by-NBK-Design.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/artCrush-No-21-Artsy-Bits-and-Pieces.html

gessopaints 4 (middle right)
gessopaints 8 (center)
gesso paints 9 (upper right)
paint stroke 6 (lower right)
gesso paints 1 (left edge)
Dalis likes this.
    • Monica Moriak
      This looks good. It was quite challenging.
      Dalis and BLKinOR like this.
    • BLKinOR
      @Monica Moriak I'm really glad to hear that someone who wasn't working on it over and over and over thinks that it looks okay. Maybe I just need to find one I like in the gallery and then play with a similar photo...next week or next month or ?
    • Dalis
      OMG... girl, it does adds oomph and look! The first thing I want to look is at the modified picture. It's attention grabbing specially because of the contrast of the textures and colors! WELL DONE, it's gorgeous! Thanks for taking the plunge!
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
      @Dalis Thank you for your encouragement pushing me further out of my comfort zone. Thanks also for your response.
      Dalis likes this.
    • Dalis
      BLKinOR likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    BLKinOR
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    243.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).