tropt

Day 26_Selfie2_Public

Day 26_Selfie2_Public
tropt, Feb 3, 2020
Description:
Empty Nest Elements and Empty Nest Backgrounds by Amy Wolff Designs
Photo Frame: Torn Treasures by Pink Reptile Designs
*Cheryl approved this for the selfie challenge but I didn't get it up before the deadline. Thank you, Chery!

(I turtled my way through MOC8 and worked on pages at my own pace - trying to get back into scrapping after a long hiatus. I didn't publish them right away so I'm adding them to my gallery now.)

Journaling (484 words for the 50 word minimum):
Selfies are no problem for me. Mind you, I didn’t used to feel that way. Long ago, I didn’t like my looks. That changed as I changed. Later, it was more of me telling myself I didn’t have time to capture me when I was too busy juggling work, family, life and the rest; I was doing good when I could get even a few photos of our whirlwind life. But gradually, over the past six years, I’ve begun capturing how I am learning to see the world; me and my reactions to it are part of that capturing. So, I have photos of me in all aspects of my life from silly to sad, but I made a choice some time ago not to publicly share them. And that is even more important to me now. It’s all part of me having the privilege to choose for myself. And that is what this new phase of my life is all about. I’m alone but not lonely. Instead, I’m getting used to enjoying me and spending time with myself. I’ve always been more of a solitary person. I like quiet, I like to think and sift through my thoughts, I like to listen to the world around me - the birds singing, the wind tickling the leaves. I’ve lived in the noise of the world – deadlines, performance evaluations, team project challenges, office politics, the not-really-glamorous world of public speaking and travel- and I’ve survived. Some would say I’ve thrived. But those on the outside looking in don’t know what it’s cost me. I’ve adapted to meet the needs of my family – from giving up sleep to giving up my preferences for the good of them to offset the mom-guilt we all seem to have. Do I regret those years? The work ones – yes. The family ones – no. Would I do some things differently? Yes, but after searching my heart on the first question, my answer is still no because the sweet has outweighed the bitter. The reality is that God has blessed me abundantly. And the continuation of those blessings is this time now and the future I am stepping into. This year, this new decade is when I have taken a good, long look at my life and have identified what stays and what goes for the next decade. I’m making not just better choices but optimal choices about what I put in my body, mind and soul. I’m making choices and I’m letting go to make room for this future. And, to me, that is a real snapshot of me. It’s my 2020 selfie.
KarenB likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    tropt
    Date:
    Feb 3, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    124.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).