Karen

Day 18 - Working From Home

Day 18 - Working From Home
Karen, Jan 18, 2021
Description:
Life is: hard work (kit) by Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic
Homemade Alpha by Sahin Designs
The Skinniness by Heather Joyce
Midnight: Layered Template by Rachel Jeffering (free for Day 18)
Fiddlesticks No. 73 by Fiddle Dee Dee (free for Day 18)

Journaling: When the numbers started skyrocketing in October, our governor said if you can work from home, you must. In March, Leco sent many people to work from home, but never anyone in our department. Once we started having a LOT of cases of people testing positive for covid at work, they FINALLY started taking things a little more seriously. My boss came and asked me if I thought I could work effectively from home. I told him essentially I was already working remotely. All of the people I work with are in the Separation Sciences building. I go over occasionally for meetings, but otherwise 99% of my time is spent communicating with email and over the phone. I’ve been doing that for over a decade very effectively. My boss seemed skeptical/reluctant, but since upper management was pushing for it, they said I could work from home. Leco didn’t even have to provide anything for me. I’m using my own computer and my own 2 monitors (yay for a powerful scrapping computer setup). I took my webcam that they’d already purchased for me home and I was up and running. I remotely access my computer at work so all of the files are there and I just operate my computer from home. We are already doing all of our meeting with Microsoft Teams even for people working on site, so nothing changed there except they can see my dining room instead of my office. I LOVE working from home. I know for a fact that I work more because I often start early and work through lunch. I also love wearing comfy clothes and my slippers! James tried it for a few weeks but hated it. He kept having to go in anyway, so he decided to just stay in the office.
chastml likes this.
    • Saar
      What an awesome take on the challenge. I loved reading your story. I am working from home since March last year. I have been to my office once, in the beginning of the year when my laptop died. I love it as well. We're doing all our meetings with Teams (or zoom) as well.
      Anyway... I love how you scrapped the story. I love how you combined both templates. I love all your layers and clusters as well. Beautiful work!
      Karen likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Karen
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    417.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).