Day 17 - Pumpkin Pie Funny

Day 17 - Pumpkin Pie Funny
Karen, Jan 17, 2021
Description:
The Darndest Things | Kit by Mommyish
pumpkin pie element HOMESPUN mini page kit by Forever Joy
pumpkin pie element Homebody mini page kitby Forever Joy
Blue Skies Ahead: Mixed Media Artistry by Rachel Jefferies

My goofy son... One day I was sitting in the family room when my son came out to the kitchen for a snack. He asked if we had any pumpkin pie and I said no.

He said “you are failing at life if you don’t always have pumpkin pie in the house”

I replied, after laughing out loud “I don’t think it would be a good idea to always have pie in the house”

He shook his head as he walked away and shouted “Why can’t you just let me be fat and happy?”

I about died laughing.

Then when I DID get a pie for Thanksgiving, he snuck out the night before Thanksgiving and had a little midnight snack!
Thuria likes this.
    • Saar
      Stunning Karen! Love your take on the challenge. Such a fun layout.
      Karen likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Love the comedy - boys and their appetite, am I right?
      Karen likes this.
    • garrynkim
      That is funny! I hope you do add that journaling to the final page your print out for yourself! That story needs to be told! Cute layout!
      Karen likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      that is a cute story! i love the pic of that one slice missing! love the fun cheerful colors to go along with the funny theme too! :)
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      @Eyeore Seriously! I have two teenage boys and they never stop eating!!! :giggle
    • Karen
      @garrynkim I absolutely did have journaling on the final page. I actually created it that way first and then when I went back to make sure of all the rules I saw journaling wasn't allowed, so I redid it to fit the rules. :giggle
    • Karen
      @jenn mccabe The one slice cut in at random (and NOT centered) made me a little twitchy, but I also totally chuckled. The boy NEEDED pumpkin pie at midnight. Lol!
    • EHStudios
      Oh my that personality! He had to sample it for the rest of the family to make sure it was ok, that's what we say, lol! Love that you picked COMEDY!
      Karen likes this.
    • bellbird
      lol well i had a laugh finding this today - so which son was that? i'm guessing wyatt who generally reminds me of my own son and that convo sounds like something byron would say too in a sardonic deadpan kind of way, although we've never had a pumpkin pie, it's not really a thing here but he'd say it about (xmas fruit) mince pies (although he'd eat them year round), or traditional aussie meat pies (the beef in gravy inside kind) but it now looks more like a 'someone can't use Excel' pie chart or a pac-man to me. (I should add that my son probably would have taken a whole quarter of that pie so yours is somewhat more considerate or at least respectful of portion control with snacking!)
      Karen likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Karen
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    145.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).