Pups_r_Paps

Dangos

Dangos
Pups_r_Paps, Jun 25, 2017
Description:
JOURNALING: The artist who created these ceramic sculptures in the parking lot of the Hilton Hotel in Omaha Nebraska is Jun Kaneko. He was born in Japan and came to the United States in 1963 to continue his art education, becoming part of what has been termed the “Contemporary Ceramics Movement in America”. He settled in Omaha in 1986. He is best known for his large-scale, monumental dango sculptures that often are as tall as 13 feet. The objects are meant to spark interaction with both their immediate space and their architectural environments. Kaneko’s work can be seen in galleries and public art displays around the country including San Jose, Chicago, and New York City.

CREDITS: Template by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs; "So Basic" Mommyish
gonewiththewind likes this.
    • KAPOH
      I had forgotten about these. They were intriguing to see when we sort of stumbled over them (not literally!) towards evening.
    • StefanieS
      Eye catching, love that they are lit from underneath, they really do shine, loved reading all about the artist as well, thanks for sharing.
    • flowersgal
      Thanks for telling us about the dingos. I never heard of them but will certainly add them to my list of "must see" if I'm ever in Omaha. Great photos and layout.
    • gonewiththewind
      What beautiful pieces! Love the photos and the details you've captured, and how you've told the story of the artist and location. Beautifully scrapped!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Template Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Jun 25, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    126.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).