Justagirl

DANCING QUEEN

DANCING QUEEN
Justagirl, Jul 29, 2018
Description:
This is my take on the July Journaling challenge.
The song Dancing Queen by ABBA triggers a memory I have of dancing on my Grandpa’s feet to the song when I was about 7 or 8 years old. Abba were his favourite modern band and he used to pop the album on the record player. I wish I had a photo of him and I dancing but this is the only photo I have of us together in my stash.
DEAREST DIARY KIT COLLECTION | Dawn Inskip
ALL GOOD THINGS STITCHED | Dawn Inskip
ALL GOOD THINGS TAPED | Dawn Inskip
BE WHO YOU ARE TORN PHOTO TEMPLATES | Dawn Inskip
KarenB, turtlebug, Oldenmeade and 2 others like this.
    • marijke
      Stunning page! Love all the stacked layers and the monochrome colouring!
      Justagirl likes this.
    • cfile
      Oh Em, this is just beautiful! I love the photo of you with your Grandparents and what a beautiful memory of him that you shared with us. I can see you spinning and giggling with him. I love the papers the stitching, the clustering the papers just everything here and the blending of the photo flipped, and enlarged into the background... just gorgeous! Thank you for joining in on the challenge and sharing this precious memory of yours with us. Gorgeous!
      Justagirl likes this.
    • Sokee
      Love!! Adore how you got the album cover to put on your memory layout!! How special is that memory! Thanks for sharing!
    • ashleywb
      Oh my goodness, this is fantastic!! The layering is amazing and what a beautiful memory to capture.
      Justagirl likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Wonderful vintage photos, layout and memories. So heart-warming.
      Justagirl likes this.
    • Justagirl
      @marijke thank you so much, Im loving the monochrome colour palette too, might have to play more with these kind of palettes :) x
      marijke likes this.
    • Justagirl
      @cfile thank you so much for such a wonderful challenge. I knew straight away when I saw your beautiful challenge which memory trigger I was going to scrap. Its funny because Ive felt him really close this month probably because I have been thinking about the best way to capture this memory in a scrappy page. x
    • Justagirl
    • Justagirl
    • LynnZant
      What a wonderful page of such a fond memory! I just heard this song in the car last night and my own daughter was singing to it. Love all your layers and how you've used the stitching along with that beautiful blending. Gorgeous layout!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Justagirl
    Date:
    Jul 29, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).