tammybean004

Bus Ride from Hell

Bus Ride from Hell
tammybean004, Feb 22, 2019
Description:
Dear Karma #6 (Vacation Gone Wrong) Bundle by Little Butterfly Wings & Etc. by Danyale
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Dear-Karma-6-Vacation-Gone-Wrong-Bundle.html
Documenting Life Mini Notebook Art Journal Template No. 01 by Katie Pertiet

Journaling:
Ever travel by Greyhound? I hadn’t and thought it was going to be an exciting ride. One that would give me and Ryan time to bond over something we’d never done before. Uh, yeah. Definitely not what I was expecting. It F*ing sucked. Majorly. Worst form of transportation ever. 34 hours of one way travel, (from Jackson, TN to Albany, NY), in a vehicle that fit its passengers like a can of sardines. The strangers. The smell. The lack of AC in the warm spring weather. The rude drivers and baggers. Our suitcases almost being loaded on to the wrong bus. The stops. The waiting. Oh god, the waiting. *shudders* One way we had 6 transfers, one of those with a 5 hour layover. Let me just say, that was most definitely my favorite moment of the trip, with a child on the Spectrum. Not. At that layover my poor kiddo needed to use the bathroom. He wasn’t able to as some jerkwad was in the men’s room doing things that shouldn’t be done in a bus station restroom. I had to take my 16 year old into the ladies room. You can imagine how much he loved that. While I can chuckle about it now, I was not laughing about it then. Thank you for the lasting memory Buffalo, NY. On top of all that I was so so sick. Fevers, sore throat, nasty cough, severe congestion, and my feet swelled up like huge sausage rolls. I was absolutely miserable to start with and everything on top of that was just icing on the cake. My one bright spot was Ryan. My boy hates being in public and around a lot of people for more than 30 minutes and he made the whole trip without too much fuss. By the time we reached our destination we were both so happy to be off that bus. Unfortunately, two weeks later we were making the same trip back home. Thankfully not as many transfers and layovers, but just as many miserable moments. Never ever again.
gardnwings and MrsPeel like this.
    • redplaid3
      Wow...sorry you had such a miserable time. Your page is amazing, though.
    • MrsPeel
      norton94 likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      I did say it in the post, but, just in case people think I am praising and forgetting the journaling....I have had a few experiences like this.... but what makes me love even more your page is that not only the page rocks, but it turned something ugly into gorgeous, beautiful page that deserves being shared for everyone to see!!!!!!!
    • norton94
      WOW that story! *shudders and thanks you for the heads up* I too thought that it would be "fun" - even a little romantic for a bygone era. Like the train.... maybe I should cross that off the list too? LOVE your page and the use of the kit is so perfect! Well deserved GSO! Thanks for scrapping with Etc. by Danyale and showing her the LOVE!
    • *gina*
      fantastic page - love the design - so sorry you had such a bad trip
    • Danyale
      Oh my word. I kept this on my list to come read, and wow...guerlfriend. Despite the day, and all the things that went wrong...this page is amazing ♡
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Little Butterfly Wings
    Uploaded By:
    tammybean004
    Date:
    Feb 22, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).