jenn mccabe

My Hero

My Hero
jenn mccabe, Oct 6, 2018
Description:
artCRUSH No4 {All in one Bundle} by NBK Designs
How Sweet It Is {Dressed Down} by Fiddle-Dee-Dee
Designs
Psychozoe, nhudao and jesskab like this.
    • jk703
      Your journaling speaks to me! My son, since forever, has been saying he wants to join the forces (undetermined which at this time), and even now, I'm having a hard time understanding. I think it is a calling, truly. (I've even tried making deals with him now - learn a trade before joining so when you get out, you have something to lean on, etc, ugh.) He is adamant. I think he is preparing me now for 5 years from now. You are a strong woman and mother, and I can see where he gets his resolve to follow his chosen path! Sorry for the novel.

Beautiful coloring on the page - matches perfectly with the photo coloring.
      jenn mccabe likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      @jk703 Thanks so much for the sweet kindred spirit - mama words Jenn. Mine did the same - started preparing me many years in advance and I tried the same ... guiding him to a trade/technical degree. Didn't work for me. It truly is a calling. His letters home are inspiring despite what he is enduring. I'm happy for him! Truth of it is, they can get a technical skill while serving. Some of the girls that shipped with my son were going in as paralegals, for instance. My son eventually wants to switch over to a different job/skill if he decides to re-enlist after his 4 years, but off the start gate he wanted a combat related/high adventure job. But many go in for very technical type of jobs. Depends on the child and what they are looking for. And then there's the opportunity to get a degree through the military - which in today's world = a big deal!
      Psychozoe and jk703 like this.
    • jenn mccabe
      oh and by the way - he just got Guide of his Platoon - the lead role out of 75-80 other recruits! it may not be for the duration of his boot camp experience (they tend to get hired & fired often) but just knowing he was selected makes my heart swell even wider.
      Psychozoe and jk703 like this.
    • Traumelfe
      Stunning page! Love your journaling!
      jenn mccabe likes this.
    • ajm
      You must be a proud mom! Fabulous page!!
      jenn mccabe likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      wow, amazingly vibrant layout and great journaling
      jenn mccabe likes this.
    • Carol K.
      Oh my...I'm right there, too. God bless your Hero. Lovely page.
      jenn mccabe likes this.
    • carrie1977
      Oh Jenn... :bk
    • Karen
      Oh I loved reading the journaling on this Jenn! I'm so happy that you are able to understand more with his letters home on why he wants to have this path for himself. I'm sure that helps a tiny bit with the separation sadness you've had. Good for him for getting Guide of his Platoon! You raised a strong guy!!
    • Cristina
      This is so so powerful! Thank you for sharing!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    jenn mccabe
    Date:
    Oct 6, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    318.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).