jaharvey

How 'bout them apples?

How 'bout them apples?
jaharvey, Oct 6, 2018
Description:
This page is for Scrapping with Liz's Oct 6, 2018 Make It Snappy challenge, only I arrived late (I was busy making the pies) and wasn't so snappy (I'm not a very snappy scrapper)!

Template 27: Double Monthly Challenge Templates (Scrapping with Liz)
Paper edging: Edged Out 3 (retired product, Etc by Danyale)
Background paper: Snapshots: part three {the moments} (Sahlin Studio)
Journaling font: dashed font (Emily Merritt)
Everything else: How 'Bout Them Apples | Collection (Mommyish)

Journaling:
It’s supposed to rain for the next few days, so this morning we got out and finished picking all the apples from the tree. It was time anyway, because otherwise we’d be inviting the bears to come and eat the apples before they go into hibernation. I’d rather keep the apples for ourselves!
Afterwards, we got out our new little toy: a Johnny Apple Peeler that I ordered from Amazon. I’d heard about this on several blogs that I’d linked to on Pinterest when looking for apple recipes. I chose this one because it’s cast iron and made to last. And it works amazingly well! It peels, cores and slices all at the same time. It’s so fast. Cameron took on that project while I made the dough for the pie shells, and I couldn’t keep up with him.
We had already picked some of the apples. A couple weeks ago, we canned 6 litres of applesauce and made 2 pies that are in the freezer. It took us hours to peel, core and slice all those apples, which is why I ordered the Johnny Apple Peeler.
Today we made 3 more pies for the freezer, but we’ve barely made a dent in the apples we’ve picked. A couple friends will be coming over tomorrow to pick some up from us. Then we’ll be busy making a lot more apple recipes over the next couple days. I’ve never had apple butter before, but we’re going to try that, as well as dried apple slices for snacks. I’d like to see if any of our friends have a juicer so maybe we can make some of our own apple juice, too.