15DaysJune2018SC-LEFT
AnotherAmanda, Jun 9, 2018
Description:
June 2018 - Style Challenge - Two Page Layout
Template by - S Gleason Beech Tree Album #2, modified
Elements and Papers - Little One, Twinkle Twinkle (A Pennington), Silver Lining (One Little Bird), Meant to Be (Paislee Press), Cloud 9 (Sabrina's Creations)
Styles - One Little Bird (Shadows)
Fonts - Dragon is Coming, Open Sans
Journaling - (FYI - part of Ben's baby album so journaling is continued from another page I'm working on) Formatted in InDesign
Lucky for me it wasn’t considered an emergency so Todd could be in the OR with me and I was awake, but Todd had to wait in the hall during the prep. It was terrifying. I only saw B for a few seconds while the NICU team ran him to his corner and stabilized him. After they had him prepped, they took him to the NICU but he was breathing ok and again it wasn’t an emergency situation so Todd could go with them while they finished my c-section and I went to recovery. Todd would have had to wait in the hall if Benji had needed more services. (A NICU nurse had given us a tour of the NICU and explained everything a few days before my induction so that we would have an idea of what to expect, covered NICU procedures and know what was allowed in the OR. It was a bit scary but definitely helped us ask questions and be a bit more comfortable with everything.)
After recovery, basically the epidural had to wear off and I had to be able to stand (even though I wasn’t allowed out of bed for the next 24 hours...) Todd came in to see me with pictures of B and would go back to check in with the doctors to give me updates.
Throughout my hospitalization, everyone told me that most people immediately recover their BP after giving birth and definitely should be normal within 48 hours. Ha! A lucky few don’t follow that pattern. Guess which spot I am? My BP climbed higher than when I was pregnant so I spent the next week being monitored and visiting B in the NICU. I think it actually helped my c-section recovery because I didn’t have to care for B and I had lots of rest and help in the early days. Most people get discharged after a c-section in 3 days.
Kaiser offers free boarding rooms to breastfeeding women who have babies in the NICU when they have space available. There are no services (no food or meds or anything). I got discharged to boarder status a week after he was born and he was discharged the next week. All in all I spent 31 days in the hospital.
We’re so happy that he’s healthy and home. He’s doing really well. His doctor says B is way ahead of schedule on weight gain (for a preemie) and no long term issues. They add another 6 weeks or so to
his ranges for skills like sitting up and rolling over and stuff because he was 6 weeks behind at birth.
fanon likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      oh my goodness, what a birth story! so glad all worked out. i love the way you did the title - and all the photos are so precious! the journaling/story is beautifully told and I know Benji will love to read it one day. Gorgeous double pager Amanda! :beat
    • bestcee
      I love all the photos you included to tell the story. The pages flow beautifully together!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    Jun 9, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    913.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).