JenEm

On This Day

On This Day
JenEm, Sep 16, 2017
Description:
Scraplift of this gorgeous page by @jk703 for this month's Scraplift Challenge.
[​IMG]

Turning Leaves by One Little Bird
Suncatcher Add On by One Little Bird (confetti recolored)
Roam Elements by One Little Bird
DSD 2016 Grab Bag Template by Sara Gleason & Crystal Livesay (modified)
Hey Mister! by Karah Fredericks
Watercolor Fotoblendz #6 by Anna Aspnes

Journaling Reads:
The past two months seem to have disappeared into a blur of doctor's visits, MRI scans and ultrasounds. I am so used to being healthy and operating “at full speed” that it has been quite a challenge to have to slow down the pace. I like to do things for myself, and it has been difficult this week to accept that I need help. I do not make a good patient, and lately I find that I get really frustrated over the smallest little things. This week in particular has been a case of hurry up and wait. If nothing else, this journey has given me a new respect for people with chronic illnesses, and what they have to deal with on a daily basis. It is teaching me patience, and it has certainly humbled me. Hopefully the next week will bring some answers. I have been playing out all the different “what if” scenarios in my head, and worrying about what next week will bring. What I do know is this. Irrespective of what lies ahead, I cannot change it. What I do have, is control over my attitude and how I deal with it. I cannot keep worrying about the “what if’s.” While I do not know where this path will lead me, I need to trust God, and continue to let Him be my guide. If there is a bridge that lies ahead, I will cross it when I get to it.

Journaled September 16th, 2017.
    • wendy johnson
      Firstly, so sorry to read that you are unwell! I do hope that next weeks results are not as bad as you thought, and every thing will work out for you.....
      {I like your attitude in the face of adversity}.
      And secondly, your page documenting this is awesome too!
      JenEm likes this.
    • Meredith78
      What beautiful journaling...I hope next week brings good results for you.
      JenEm likes this.
    • jk703
      ohmyword, Jen... I'm so sorry that you are having health issues and so many unanswered questions. My husband had some medical issues a number of years ago. A year of questions and finally the answers were found. We cold move forward! I hope you find answers and there are solutions that are workable! Hugs! This is a beautiful page... I love the meaning and significance. Hugs. Please keep me posted if you need anything, a virtual hug, or someone to talk to. I'm here.
      JenEm likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Beautiful and authentic journaling. Your page is gorgeous. Times of waiting and wondering are hard. You have the right attitude and chose a wonderful title which reflects it. Hugs to you....
      JenEm likes this.
    • willimena
      This is a beautifully designed page and so appropriate for the topic. I totally understood your comment about always going at full speed - I also find it's not until I'm forced to slow down that I realise what it must be like for others. I hope you are getting the answers you need.
      JenEm likes this.
    • Karen
      JenEm and bestcee like this.
    • bestcee
      I'm sorry you are struggling. I also love your positive attitude. The softness of the photo, and the bridge combined is lovely.
      JenEm likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    One Little Bird
    Uploaded By:
    JenEm
    Date:
    Sep 16, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    111.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).