dotcomkari

dotcomkari, Jan 20, 2016
Description:
For 10 years I lived in a broken down abusive marriage. 10 long years of contently being berated and being made felt like a rag doll. There was no escape from the barking orders or the power he had over me. For 10 long years I was a puppet in his hands and he was my master. He told me where to go, what to do, who I could see, how to raise my kids, and even what to eat. I was a prisoner in my own home; in my own body. I had no control over my feelings or my thoughts. Ten years it took me before I finally broke free. Free from the chains that had me bound all those long years. After 10 years I finally became myself, a real person. Yet those 10 years will forever haunt me. Forever be my past. 10 years that left personal scares upon my soul. The 10 years that finally made me who I am.

MOC 20:
Paula Kesselring: License Plate Alpha
M3: April 2015 + add on
Quirky Heart: Build a Mess, Moody Blues
Heather Joyce: The Lost Reports
    • chickypow
      I don't even know what to say.....this is so deeply powerful. It's beautiful, heartbreaking and empowering all at the same time. Just wow.....thank you for sharing.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • KarenB
      This is an amazing LO and your journaling is so powerful. So glad that you are out of that situation now
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • ashleywb
      Wow! This is so beautiful and heartbreaking. Thank you for the courage to share.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • readingfool
      This tore at my heart even before I read the journaling, now that I have, I am so, so glad that you you got out. It was awful, but you'll always be a stronger person because of it.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • wombat146
      Very powerful and evocative page! I am glad you were able to finally set yourself free and in the process have grown into a stronger person! hugs to you! the scars may never leave but they will fade with time. Fabulous page!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • nachtmol
      Thank you for sharing your story and I think it was very courageous to finally escape from the torture! I wish you a much better life than the ten years you went through!
      Congratulations! Your layout has been featured on the GSO blog http://gallerystandouts.com/fingerpointing/ today!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • Jana.holden
      The artistry here is superb...your story, amazing, powerful and brave! I'm so glad you got out from under him. I hope he's paying big consequences. "Today is the first day of the rest of your life!"
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • fruitysuet
      Such a powerful page both visually and journaling wise. I am amazed at your strength.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • beatricemi
      Beautiful journaling. You are strong! Congrats on the GSO.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • Sara
      This is such an impactful and powerful page. For the story it tells and also the truth: that our backstories are forever *part* of the story, having shaped us and impacted us, but also that *parts* do not the entire story make. And most importantly it is WE, in the end, who get to write our stories. I am SO glad you reclaimed that power. That is the happiest ending of all.

Thank you for sharing this so beautifully. I feel your courage and vulnerability all at once (though really I think the two always exist together and that's what is beautiful about it); the use of color here and imagery enhance the emotiveness that lives here. I love how the ten stands out from the darkness..it seems so striking and suitable because it's the number of the span after which you found freedom.

I've rambled..but that's what happens when a page carries the power to touch others through its story in such a way yours has. Thank you so much for sharing! :beat
      dotcomkari likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    142.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).