trekmom

When It Started

When It Started
trekmom, Aug 14, 2022
Description:
When it started is about a trip, we took my mother-in-law on for a family reunion that didn't go well. Carlsbad, CA. She had the very beginnings of dementia. She's 92 now and in a place where they take good care of her.
Every time I would stop to take a photo, she thought they were going to lose me like an errant child. I stop and take photos of everything.
I used Lynne Marie
s Scripted Masks Mask 1.
Lynn Grieveson and Rachel Jefferies Hear My Voice Collab Kit.
    • flowersgal
      Wow -- that was a gorgeous sunset captured well. I like how you used it in both a circle and then in the frame. You have created an interesting and lovely layout and your story about it is both sad and funny.
      trekmom likes this.
    • bellbird
      on first glance, this is stunning in it's capture and treatment of that sunset across all the frames but sunset or sundowning is also kind of symbolic and metaphoric here with your words about dementia - i hope there were some positives on that reunion trip too
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @bellbird Thank you, of course, positives, we saw my friend, saw the beaches, I took 800 photos, and want to go back. Sundowning, you are so right. My stepfather died from this dreadful disease. My poor, sweet mother-in-law is a shell of herself. There's nothing of her left. It's cruel. I hate this as much as I hate cancer. I try not to use the word hate much.
      @flowersgal Thank you so much. It's like that lyric in a Springsteen song, "someday we'll look back at this and it will seem funny" Not that it will be funny, just seem funny.
      So, my mother-in-law was staying in a room with her niece and her handicapped son, the niece was trying to get in touch with us (she's in her 70's?) and calling our home phone. When we got home, the rant was hilarious. I think she didn't want to deal with mom and Steve-oh-Steve. (his nickname)
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful colours
      trekmom likes this.
    • LynnG
      That must be so hard, and that trip must have been dominated by it. I love your recording of it x
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    Aug 14, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3588px
    Height:
    3588px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).