jam-on-toast

ADHD

ADHD
jam-on-toast, Mar 3, 2021
Description:
Materials used: (both by Rachel Jeffries)
Pocket ART Signature Kit 2
Captivating Basics 1

The left hand side of the two page layout documenting the surreal February we had as a family. Having our almost 15 year old daugher diagnozed with ADHD and put on medication was the one thing we did NOT see coming. A good student with a GPA of 90.1%, quiet child who can sit and read or draw for ages... and who's only started struggling at school with the introduction of the online...All the symptoms have been there for years, but she's been so good at masking, struggling silently and unable to tell people because speaking out makes one come out as totally dumb and immature... speaking of silver lining... even COVID has one...
KarenB likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Wonderful documenting of the ADHD journey. The text placed in seemly random places is spot on! This is such a delightful scraplift and I am honored you scrapped about such an important time.
    • cfile
      So glad you found the silver lining for COVID and that you have gotten the answers for Katie. I know it must have been hard for her all those years while masking things.. Wonderful journaling.. thank you for sharing... it is a great lift too... I love the bg paper you chose with all the stitching the flowers and all the arrows to lead throught the timeline, journey and journaling of Katie's ADHD. Thanks for playing along with the March Scraplift Challenge and for sharing yours and Katie's story!
    • jam-on-toast
      @cfile I wish there were more challenges inspiring us to try new techniques - like deep shadows, torn edges etc... and scraplifting a layout that speaks to me (and fits my photos/story) has just become one of my favourite challenges of all times.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @jam-on-toast have you checked out the Learning Pad https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/learning-pad.351/ There are a lot of great techniques and tips there to learn how tos plus Farrah does LEAP chats through out the month (one is on Sunday 3/7 at 11am EST to show brushes etc.. ) check them out.. there are some sketch tutorials too in the Learning Pad. Also check the MOC8 2020 and check out some of those challenges if you haven't done them.. there are a lot of cool challenges and techniques from last year too :)
    • jam-on-toast
      cfile likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Great storytelling and I love how you did the journaling in individual blocks of text at all sorts of angles. Amazing that Katie self-diagnosed. Good for her for taking the time to investigate!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Mar 3, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    512.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).